Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have had my new Silver Pearl for three weeks now. During the first clean up I noticed what appeared as the initials of "D G" in the paint. The blemished part is the piece between the seat backs that has the SATURN emblem. I showed the dealer, they tried to buff it out. They then decided it was "IN" the paint. Looks like someone wrote there initials on the unfinished part before it was painted. Looks like it may be magic marker. The initials are just to the passangers side of the emblem. Its faint and I would have not saw it except the sun was shining just right. Do?ll our skys have the same Silver Pearl painted interior parts. Will everyone please check to see if "D G" is on your part. Please reply, the regional rep is suppose to look at it soon. I am going to make sure mine is replaced.
Also, has anyone noticed fine pitting on the windshield?

for now "Carolina sky"
trying hard to use upper and lower case

·
Registered
388 Posts
No graffiti on my car. No pitting on windshield either.

·
Super Moderator
6,758 Posts
My piece between the seats is body color too, its the piece between that one and the trunk lid that is always silver. No mark on mine, but, of course its dark, so it wouldn't show, anyway. And, my windshield is fine.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
don't have the initials in mine but I do have extensive pitting in the windshield.

I started a thread awhile back about how I had an unusual number of chips in my windshield but it seemed that I was the only one.

I thought maybe the windshield was made out of something not as tough as other windshields. I dunno but I have 9k miles on the odometer, it looks like its been thru 100k miles.
pretty much looks like its dirty all the time due to all the little spreckeled pits.

My saturn SL didn't have this problem at all.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Nope nothing on mine, and the windsheild looks fine after 2000K miles.
Wow you have 2,000,000 miles on your SKY :lol: -- Kidding:jester:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Mines ok too. No pitting on the windshield either.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
don't have the initials in mine but I do have extensive pitting in the windshield.

I started a thread awhile back about how I had an unusual number of chips in my windshield but it seemed that I was the only one.

I thought maybe the windshield was made out of something not as tough as other windshields. I dunno but I have 9k miles on the odometer, it looks like its been thru 100k miles.
pretty much looks like its dirty all the time due to all the little spreckeled pits.

My saturn SL didn't have this problem at all.
Hate to hear your windshield is also pitted. When my windshield is very clean you can see the pits by looking very close. I first noticed it when driving into the sun. My dealer acknowledged the pits and has offered to replace the windshield. Also, I noticed this on the first clean up, the second day I owned it!!!! There is not any pitting of the paint on the front bumper. So I doubt it is from sand or anything off the road.
Did yoy take yours to the dealer??
Silver Pearl in South Carolina

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My piece between the seats is body color too, its the piece between that one and the trunk lid that is always silver. No mark on mine, but, of course its dark, so it wouldn't show, anyway. And, my windshield is fine.
Thanks for the info. Have not seen but two other SKYS around here. I saw the area around the windshield and back were silver so I just assumed, and we all know what that will make out of me.:lol:

·
Registered
684 Posts
No, my windsheild not splitting, and there is "LMNOP" on mine!:D

Just kidding...nothing here.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yep, paint flaws in the hood

I noticed there are two paint discolorations in the hood, they appear as two quarter sized areas that are slightly darker and don't have the even dispersion of metal flake the rest of the hood has.
One is nearly centerline to the hood and the other is slightly to the passenger side and about halfway between the center line and the edge of the top of the hood to the right.
If I was guessing I'd say the surface was either slightly damp there when the paint went on or an oil of some type, maybe finger print, had been in both places causing the paint to discolor.
They are most visible in bright direct sunlight but you have to really know where to look to see them. I'll see if I can get a decent photo to post.

IN MY GARAGE 8/31/06
VIN#8059/Midnight Blue/Tan Leather/Tan Top/Manual/LSD/6 Disc Monsoon/Chromed 18 in Chrome/Windscreen/Wheel locks/CAI/Splash Guards

1 - 15 of 15 Posts