Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AFTER you get your SKY, what do you plan to do to protect you new paintjob? Is there a special process or proceedure you follow (or brand of wax). It would be sweet to have that paint shine like glass.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
WWW.MEGUIARS.COM

I have been using this product on all my show cars for over 20 years. The detailer is the best thing since SCOTCH!!!!!. You drive to a car show and spray this on your car and it takes all the bits of dust etc that ended up on your polished body. All the products in this line work amazing.

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Hard wax- carnuba because it smells like cherries. It also makes the finish as slick as a babies butt. In between times use Meguiars. It goes on easy and wipes off easy. Wash with turtle wax soap stuff in the shade and rinse real well. That's how I've kept the shine on my 75 Spitfire. :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
802 Posts
doberman said:
AFTER you get your SKY, what do you plan to do to protect you new paintjob? Is there a special process or proceedure you follow (or brand of wax). It would be sweet to have that paint shine like glass.
Hi Doberman
If price is not an object I would suggest "Zaino Bros", http://www.zainostore.com/
I have been using it for a couple of years now on a 1994 Saturn wagon and a 1995 Buick Skylark with great results. Take a look a the user testimonials at the site (as they have many pictures). I might have a couple of pic of my own (have to check my old backup disks)
Eldeeko

·
Registered
802 Posts
skl8260 said:
Sorry skl8260 I missed your post about Zaino Bros...and jumped in with my own endorsment. I agree as I have tried all of the others - (mothers, mcquires,turtlewax..etc)
El Deeko

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Dry Wash n' Guard Waterless CarWash

I can't believe all you guys who want to wax on your cars and seal the finish so that it can not breath. In 2000 automobile manufactures changed the type of paint they use. It is now an acrylic paint that is designed to breath.

Dri Wash n' Guard Waterless Car Wash it the best product made to put on a new or older cars finish. The product will wash and polish and protect you cars finish for up to 3 months. It will not scratch or harm the finish in any way. And it is a lot easier to use that any other product. Just spray it on and wipe it off and your done. You get twice the shine for half the work.

To find out more about Dri Wash n' Guard Waterless CarWash go to there web site at

http://www.dwgint.com/

I was a Meguiars man before I discovered Dri Wash n' Guard. Now I wouldn't put anything but Dri Wash n' Guard on my cars. My 94 Le Baron looks like it just came off the show roof floor and my wife's 2003 Saturn looks brand new. Neither of these cars have been washed with soap and water for over two years.

Check out the 87 Corvette Sting Ray that I washed and polished with DWG. Also my 94 Le Baron and the wife's 03 Saturn.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=/90b3

Any one in the Northern Calif. area that would like to see a demonstration of how easy DWG works email me at [email protected]

To purchase Dri Wash n' Guard over the Internet you'll need a pin number. Use 246539

·
Registered
802 Posts
Another MLM - I'll bet Amway has something just as good.
El Deeko

·
Registered
481 Posts
eldeeko said:
Sorry skl8260 I missed your post about Zaino Bros...and jumped in with my own endorsment. I agree as I have tried all of the others - (mothers, mcquires,turtlewax..etc)
El Deeko
No problem at all. I've used Zaino on my '94 Chevy Beretta (Red) and '02 Collector Edition (Yellow) Trans Am with great results. The Beretta is a daily driver in upstate NY, and the paint looks great after a Zaino treatment.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Yes it is another MLM and no Amway has nothing closed to DWG. The question was asked about protecting you new SKY so I through DWG into the mix. I fully understand that everone has their favorite car care products and it is very hard to get someone to try somethin new let alone get them to change. That said those who have tried DWG products sware by them. I'll be using DWG to keep my new SKY looking showroom new.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I think I'll wait to see what Saturn recommends when the car is delivered. :cool:

·
Registered
802 Posts
fkeillor said:
Yes it is another MLM and no Amway has nothing closed to DWG. The question was asked about protecting you new SKY so I through DWG into the mix. I fully understand that everone has their favorite car care products and it is very hard to get someone to try somethin new let alone get them to change. That said those who have tried DWG products sware by them. I'll be using DWG to keep my new SKY looking showroom new.
No problem with MLM but using a personal number to order is in my opinion a plug for yourself ($) I have been with been with Amway (many years ago) and there are people (I've Googled) that claim the same as you about their (Amway) product. 'nuf said
El Deeko

·
Registered
16 Posts
Zaino?.. wow.. that's old news.

If you want to spend 2 full days waxing, then yea.. I guess that's what you'd use. But - if you want to get an even better shine, and do it in half the time, then there are MANY other products to be used.

My brother owns a detailing shop, and he had very upper end cars for customers - so I know this subject like the back of my hand. He uses Klasse Sealant, about 3 layers of it, then tops it off with Pinnacle Signature Series paste wax. That will provide a deep deep wet look. There are many other steps you can take to acheive the shine you want, such as claying the car, then as a pre step, using Klasee All-In-One. It's just a matter of how many layers you want, and the type of shine you want to acheive. But Klasse and Pinnacle are one of the best combos anyone could use. Pinnacle has beat out Zaino in every comparison I've ever seen.

Meguires, Eagle One.. stuff like that.. eh. That's for the casual guy who wants to get a shine in 10 mins. In order to get a deep shine, you gotta use the right product, and know what to do with it.

If you want specific details, go to autopia.org - those forums are the best to learn how to get a show car shine.

But yea, Zaino is good.. but since then, MANY products have jumped right over it and left it in the dust.

Pinnacle is a bit pricey, but it's the Rolls Royce of waxes. Zaino is more like the Dodge's of waxes :willy:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Washing tips for ragtops

Anyone have tips on washing a ragtop? I've never had a convertible before. I am going to try for a midnight blue with a black and tan interior but I decided a black top might be easier to keep clean or at least clean looking. Any experience with this out there?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have this feeling that I'm going to be washing and waxing all the time :willy: I hope the newness wears off, when it arrives so I can drive it. For certain its going to get dusty :lol: Maybe there's a product that you can put on and off at stop lights and signs that's quick and easy :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wash it? What for?

Who has time to wash it when you are busy driving it? Why not get the sealant that seals in the shine so you never have to wax again? It comes in the color of road grime tan in the spring and salty white in the winter. If you are down south, you can get the water spot rinse to top it off.
Wdubbaluw

1 - 18 of 18 Posts