Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Not real thrilled about drilling into my dash. My S5 came with a 2 or 3 inch suction mount. I attached it to the flat piece of plastic on the top of the dash right above the AC outlets. It's low enough not to block by view out the front winshield and high enough to view while driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Since I have an old school Razr I don't have to worry about this. although I do get lost allot.... no GPS.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Oh, THE RAZR!!!! I miss my Razr. Back when men were men and phones were phones!!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Nothing but praise for the ProClip mounts I have (one for each of three cars). Definitely not inexpensive, but very well made. The Sky version mounts to the top of the front stack, kind of straddling the piano-black plastic. Also easy to remove if you skip the double-back tape.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not real thrilled about drilling into my dash. My S5 came with a 2 or 3 inch suction mount. I attached it to the flat piece of plastic on the top of the dash right above the AC outlets. It's low enough not to block by view out the front winshield and high enough to view while driving.
This is the one I use too (S5). I do rotate the grippers 90 degrees to hold the phone horizontally. Google maps seems to work better that way, easier to see anyway.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Nothing but praise for the ProClip mounts I have (one for each of three cars). Definitely not inexpensive, but very well made. The Sky version mounts to the top of the front stack, kind of straddling the piano-black plastic. Also easy to remove if you skip the double-back tape.
Did you completely remove all the double-back tape from the ProClip before mounting it, or did you just leave the backing strips on the tape in place?

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Did you completely remove all the double-back tape from the ProClip before mounting it, or did you just leave the backing strips on the tape in place?
I used to use that ProClip mount. I had it with the backing strips still attached and then with the strips removed hoping it would adhere better. But no matter what, it got to where it would fall off. It also sticks up too far and obstructs vision. I just removed the phone cradle and screwed it directly to the dash piece that surrounds the stereo. I bought another dash piece from factoryoemparts.com (better shipping thru Amazon if Prime member) to keep in case I need it later.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
For a long time I left it in place. Over the course of many car shows, the plastic part got a bit of a warp in it and it started popping off the back of the dash where it clips in. Then I peeled and used the tape. Eventually that stopped working as well. That part of the mount now has quite a warp/wow in it and it won't stay on the dash. I'm sure they'd replace if I contacted the, I just haven't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts