Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have told my dealer that I want silver pearl, but after seeing some pictures of a black Sky, I'm starting to question my decision.

I'm spending WAY to much time worrying..... :(

·
Registered
17,617 Posts
Colors

That is the hardest decision u will make in purchasing this car...or any. Color choices are subjective...but chrome wheels look great with deep colors. If u want to change the color now...I believe it can done but go to the dealer quickly. I am sure the silver pearl will give a great appearance, especially in the evening. Good Luck. I went with the Forest Green with black interior and black top.

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
251 Posts
IMO, take it for what it's worth...

Black is REALLY beautiful BUT... It shows dirt, pollen and scratches more than any color ever! It also is harder to see at night (just my opinion but easier to get into accident). If you get black it MUST be garage kept while not being used if you want it to hold the luster of a new car look. I like black as much as you do but I decided on Silver Graphite because it was my median between black and silver. I am so sick of silver because I have had 2 silver cars in the past so silver was immediately out for me. I also think there will be a LOT more silver SKYs than any other (could be wrong I have been know to be wrong many times). Again all of this is my opinion!

Write all the colors down and cross off immediately what you DO NOT like then stew and look at all cars online that are roadsters and view the colors that are close to what the SKY's colors are this will help a ton! Good luck I agree this is a HUGE decision...

Silver Graphite for me, gives the car a 007 look!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
tiger20005 said:
IMO, take it for what it's worth...

Black is REALLY beautiful BUT... It shows dirt, pollen and scratches more than any color ever! It also is harder to see at night (just my opinion but easier to get into accident). If you get black it MUST be garage kept while not being used if you want it to hold the luster of a new car look. I like black as much as you do but I decided on Silver Graphite because it was my median between black and silver. I am so sick of silver because I have had 2 silver cars in the past so silver was immediately out for me. I also think there will be a LOT more silver SKYs than any other (could be wrong I have been know to be wrong many times). Again all of this is my opinion!

Write all the colors down and cross off immediately what you DO NOT like then stew and look at all cars online that are roadsters and view the colors that are close to what the SKY's colors are this will help a ton! Good luck I agree this is a HUGE decision...

Silver Graphite for me, gives the car a 007 look!!
Ive had a lot of silver cars and wanted to change, Seen the midnight blue on the Solstice and loved it or excuse me deep dark blue :lol: colour 25U

·
Registered
87 Posts
34DDD said:
I have told my dealer that I want silver pearl, but after seeing some pictures of a black Sky, I'm starting to question my decision.

Where did you see pictures of a black Sky????? I have been trying to see Sky in black and can only find Solstices.how about posting the site where there are pictures:confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Oh sorry I meant a black car in general! I don't recall seeing any black pics of the SKY but if I find some somewhere I will post the url.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WGH said:
Where did you see pictures of a black Sky????? I have been trying to see Sky in black and can only find Solstices.how about posting the site where there are pictures:confused:
Here's the site with the pictures:
http://forums.autoweek.com/thread.jspa?forumID=10&threadID=18667&start=0&tstart=0

Thanks, everyone. I'm so worried about regretting my choice. You're right about black being a pain to keep clean! I've always had black cars (except my white Corvette, but I won that and didn't have a choice!)

I want chrome wheels and like how that looks against the black, but I fell in love with the car when I saw the first picture of it---and it was silver. Why can't I have two??:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Okay yeah I remember those pics now that you posted them! I owned one black car myself before and I always said it was BEAUTIFUL but don't think I can do it again especially not having a garage back then. I will have a garage now but don't want ot have to dust it off every time I take it out. We have a TON of pollen here near DC and that kills the wishes for a dark car. I own a silver car now (almost same color as the SKY) and it has been EXTREMELY forgiving on pollen and dirt but I think I am just plain doen with that color now and wanting something darker that will require a little more TLC than the silver car but yet not as much as the black color.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Color choice can be very difficult. I really like red on sports cars. Aside from reds, I also tend to favor darker colors on sports cars since they have a deeper shine in the sun! :cheers:

On cars I drive more regularly, I have grown fond of white since it looks clean even after the car gets dusty. Also doesn't look bad in the winter when it has a layer of salt on it. Silver is another good color that is low maintenance as far as needing washing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
34DDD said:

Don't feel bad! I've gone from wanting silver graphite to chili pepper red to black onyx to midnight blue and now of all things polar white! No rhyme or reason to my flakiness. This is the most difficult decision to make!:banghead:

·
Registered
17,617 Posts
Go for the Forest Green

Go to the name todaresqSL2....he sent me pictures of the forest green....and I cannot thank him enough....that will change anyone's mind...if we have any left, but subjectively speaking...it is the best color....I know all of u who want the Chili Red....i thought about it...it was a hard choice but the GREEN wins out....don't want to insult the guys/gals who are getting yellow...but yellow is for climates that r warm all year round...so the Green stands.

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Okay the way I approached the colors was by process of elimination...

Black - Shows too much dirt, looks lackluster with the top up
Silver Pearl - Oh man, its the first look I fell in love with... but also the most common color on the road
Red - I’m not a red car kinda guy, and I think you KNOW if you are (I hope that’s a good enough reason and you all get where I'm coming from)
Yellow - This is a special color relegated to the most sexy of European cars and Nissan Xterras -- I think the color takes away from the nice edges and design too much.
Bluestone - Strike one we don't know how long it will be till it comes out and strike two this is the official color of the original Z3... and I don’t think the Sky speaks the same language as the Z3
Forrest Green - Looks too reminiscent of a Miata's green and really doesn’t look too flashy. Leave this color for SUV's
Dark Blue-Black - THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING COLOR!!! I have had my SC2 since 1994 and its the same color and somewhat rare these days and when I have her all waxed everyone comments on how beautiful it is and how great the color is... and I recommend it to anyone who is in a jam -- BUT, I have to pass because another 10 years with the same color is too boring and it would feel too much like I lived the dream of cutting the roof of my SC2 in the days when Saturn backed out of a convertible idea (I actually offered the idea to Monster Garage -- they wanted to make it a tractor)
and finally... that leaves...
Silver Graphite! - This is the NEW black... sexy, says luxury, and looks so good in other sleek cars such as the Infiniti G35 and Nissan Z. It shows off the chrome styling and lights on the vehicle and blends curves like liquid much like the standard silver and doesn’t show dust too bad with a chance to really shine after a good wax.

So there you have it... by default the winner ends up being Silver Graphite (all IMHO).

Any thoughts?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,568 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts