Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I am paranoid or just have a healthy new respect for curbs, parking lot bumpers, speed bumps and road transisitons. Coming down from a large SUV to the low altitudes of the Sky gives me a new and exciting look at things, but.... I find myself parking 3 feet from curbs. I also have had to find new ways in and out of some local businesses, the post office included, because of poor transitions or too steep inclines.

The Sky is low in front. I have personally never had a vehicle that I had to worry about these and I have had some low sports cars. Trust me though when I say I am not complaining. I love my Sky. I am simply writing this to make folks who have yet to get their behind behind the wheel of a Sky aware. Maybe with a warning they won't incur damage down there.

I have a few rough scrapes on the bottom of the nose. You can't see them unless you get down there, so cosmetically it is not a huge deal. But it is best to avoid these when possible. To that end I chickened out on one road transition the other night. It was so steep coming off this one road and the highway I was turning onto rolled heavy off the center line. I was literally afraid of ending up beached. So I backed down the road a bit and cut through a fast food parking lot to find a more reasonable grade. These are the things you have to think about.

Heck, I even scrape every time I come out of the home driveway of the manager of my local Saturn dealership.

Jonm

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I ride right along with you. I have found many parking lot exits are quite steep for the SKY's front end. I can't even back into my driveway and pulling into it I still approach it from a severe left or right angle to avoid the possibility of scraping. In parking lots I pull forward just enough that I can see the rear end just inside the parking stall leaving plenty of room for the nose of the SKY up front.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts