Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I don;t know if there was posted before. I am wondering how the bottom of Sky front, is it so low? need to be careful when to parking with a curbs on front?

Thanks!

Jay

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
It is low,, you need to be aware of parking curbs, pot holes, rough train tracks, and sloped driveway entrances.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Uh, yeah. Pretty low. And if you do happen to run up on, say, a concrete parking bumper and damage the front bumper, the parts are on backorder at Saturn to fix it. Oops.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Catgirl said:
Uh, yeah. Pretty low. And if you do happen to run up on, say, a concrete parking bumper and damage the front bumper, the parts are on backorder at Saturn to fix it. Oops.
wonder how ¥ou know that :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
SkyHi07 said:
It is low,, you need to be aware of parking curbs, pot holes, rough train tracks, and sloped driveway entrances.
Also, be careful going up and down STEEP drive ways, If you can go in a diagonal direction as to not scratch the front end...(Trust me I know, made a few mistakes on the Viper... :rolleyes: .....(don't tell the hubby)..duh yea right he "WORSHIP THAT CAR". But LOVES me....:yesnod:

·
Registered
804 Posts
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS!

- The Sky is a short car but it looks long from the drivers view
- you don't need to pull forward in parking spots as much as you think
- use other cars already parked to guestimate when to stop and park- look at their driver door.
- you will have several FEET of room BEHIND you when parked...so when you get out, it will look like no one is in the parking spot as you are too far forward. (you will understand when you try to find your car in a full lot)
- If you must guess, try to leave more room in front of the car while parking

- Speed bumps are Not your friends
- 'marking' your territory shouldn't include leaving paint on the drive enterance, take steep drives on an angle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
low

it is so low that even the saturn dealer does not know how to park it correctly, sometimes backing in the the spot with the higher back end of the car may be an option

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS!
- Speed bumps are Not your friends
QUOTE]
:thumbs: You got that 100% right....
They are about the only thing that intimidates me....

My driveway is pretty level, not to many steep lot entrances etc but --> Killer Speed Bumps abound!!:willy:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
My driveway is pretty level, not to many steep lot entrances etc but --> Killer Speed Bumps abound!!:willy:
Rick,

you can raise up the degree of difficulty by upgrading your suspensions with lowering springs.
Looks very nice but .... see above :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts