Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
OK, I'll bite... you want to sell, buy? What is the part description (we shouldn't have to go to the effort of searching for it)?

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
Redsky09 Pooler, Ga
Welcome to the forum. I apologize for the less-than-warm reception.

The best option for getting one of these is probably going to be used, and @Hoosier GXP is a forum member who tends to have a good supply of used parts. Perhaps he will see this and respond.

Are you sure that it requires replacement? What codes or symptoms are you experiencing?

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
2009 Saturn Sky
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum. I apologize for the less-than-warm reception.

The best option for getting one of these is probably going to be used, and @Hoosier GXP is a forum member who tends to have a good supply of used parts. Perhaps he will see this and respond.

Are you sure that it requires replacement? What codes or symptoms are you experiencing?
Thanks for the response
Two GM dealers told me that I need part # 25810528 electronic break control module and 19301492 control valve
i found a new 19301492 control valve and purchased it. I also have a part 25810528 that came out of a 2008 Pontiac solstice from a junk yard, however I do not trust this part, so looking for better option.
The problem I have is “service esc and service traction and Abs light come on and they are intermittent. Some time every thing is normal and sometimes the above lights come on. I did add brake fluid this am as some posters said fixed this condition. This AM I drove the car about 2 miles and the lights were all on.
any advice on this situation would be appreciated
Thank you

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
Thanks for the response
Two GM dealers told me that I need part # 25810528 electronic break control module and 19301492 control valve
i found a new 19301492 control valve and purchased it. I also have a part 25810528 that came out of a 2008 Pontiac solstice from a junk yard, however I do not trust this part, so looking for better option.
The problem I have is “service esc and service traction and Abs light come on and they are intermittent. Some time every thing is normal and sometimes the above lights come on. I did add brake fluid this am as some posters said fixed this condition. This AM I drove the car about 2 miles and the lights were all on.
Thank you
I will look through my service manuals tonight, but it would be very helpful to have the DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) that is being generated. The dealers may or may not have given you the code, which is normally a letter with three numbers, or you may be able to take the car to an auto parts store for them to read. In any case i will post anything that I learn, although it may be tomorrow some time.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
This could also be a problem(s) with wheel sensors. Check the wiring to the sensors in the wheel hubs - make sure connectors are not loose or wires rubbing/shorting. Also make sure the hub bolts (there are three behind each hub) are tight.

·
Registered
2009 Saturn Sky
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This could also be a problem(s) with wheel sensors. Check the wiring to the sensors in the wheel hubs - make sure connectors are not loose or wires rubbing/shorting. Also make sure the hub bolts (there are three behind each hub) are tight.
Thank you are the on all for wheels or just the front?

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
Good advice, although I really hope that two different dealers wouldn't miss by that much.

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
Thank you are the on all for wheels or just the front?
All four. And checking the hub bolts is good advice in any case. It hasn't happened often, but there have been a few cases of hubs nearly falling out because of loose or missing screws.

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have seen this problem a couple of times and it has been the electronic break control module. It is a simple process to change but it best to unhook all of the lines and remove the complete unit. There are 4 torques screws that hold the module onto the pump. I have several pumps and modules and with your vin number I can easily tell if any of them will work. If you have more questions PM me.

·
Registered
2009 Saturn Sky
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have seen this problem a couple of times and it has been the electronic break control module. It is a simple process to change but it best to unhook all of the lines and remove the complete unit. There are 4 torques screws that hold the module onto the pump. I have several pumps and modules and with your vin number I can easily tell if any of them will work. If you have more questions PM me.
Thank you for your response, I am 80 years old and used to be a backyard mechanic but not so much any more
1G8MN35B89Y104727 is the VIN number of my 2009 Saturn Sky
thank you in advance

·
Registered
2009 Saturn Sky
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for your response, I am 80 years old and used to be a backyard mechanic but not so much any more
thank you in advance
Checked all for wheels the wires look in great shape and all were connected solidly.
called the chev dealer to get verification on the code. Will respond when they call back.
The code the Chevy dealer showed C0110 this particular dealer used to sell Saturns.

·
Registered
2009 Saturn Sky
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you in advance

The code the Chevy dealer showed C0110 this particular dealer used to sell Saturns.
Do you have the electronic break control module?

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
thank you in advance

That code indicates a problem with the pump motor in the Electronic Brake Control Module, so replacing the part you are looking for is the only indicated solution. With luck, @Hoosier GXP will have the part you need.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts