Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
17800764 is the GM Part # for the one gmpartsdirect.com says is the for the Solstice. I believe they're the same...

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
brentil said:
17800764 is the GM Part # for the one gmpartsdirect.com says is the for the Solstice. I believe they're the same...
When I received mine, there were both Pontiac and Saturn stickers in the box, as well as a GMPP sticker and a C.A.R.B.E.O. sticker.

It is the same for both the Solstice and the Sky.

·
Registered
182 Posts
marlboromike said:
can someone give me the part number for the GM CAI....lost it somewhere...thanks alot

MarlboroMike
My dealer came up with 17800764. I'm going down today to order it !!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hmm

The CAI is $366 from gmpartsdirect.com or $420 from the dealer. Dealer told me it'll be 1hr of labor at 86/hour charge to install.

Would it matter if I buy the part and bring it to them or if they buy it? I know it's only 60 bucks but that's like my first 2 tanks of gas!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
tyler07 said:
Hmm

The CAI is $366 from gmpartsdirect.com or $420 from the dealer. Dealer told me it'll be 1hr of labor at 86/hour charge to install.

Would it matter if I buy the part and bring it to them or if they buy it? I know it's only 60 bucks but that's like my first 2 tanks of gas!

Thank you for asking this question...I was wondering the same thing. I know this is a slightly different scenario, but...at my Harley dealer, they frown upon buying parts (whether it be HD parts, or aftermarket) outside of the dealership and then bringing them in to be installed...they simply won't do it. I have never done this with a car before, so I'm curious if the dealer would agree to install the CAI if it were purchased over the internet. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well Linda,

I just called the Parts Manager at my store to ask him my question lol. He said that would be fine, that they will install any GM part for their normal labor charges.

He asked me what I was paying for it and I told him the 360 and he told me he'd match that. So i just had him order it for 360 thru the dealership. (Interesting thing to note is, when I saw his part list that he showed me it had it listed as $275 retail price, $420 MSRP. So I basically just got him to knock a bit off the MSRP listing for this CAI.

·
Registered
182 Posts
tyler07 said:
Hmm

Good info. That's 2 tanks of gas!

I understand this is relatively easy to install. I'm somewhat of a klutz with mechanical stuff and would be apprehensive, but it looks as if you had a friend who enjoyed that kind of thing it would be easy and take less than an hour.

Anyone else have any comments on the 'install CAI yourself'?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
tyler07 said:
Well Linda,

I just called the Parts Manager at my store to ask him my question lol. He said that would be fine, that they will install any GM part for their normal labor charges.

He asked me what I was paying for it and I told him the 360 and he told me he'd match that. So i just had him order it for 360 thru the dealership. (Interesting thing to note is, when I saw his part list that he showed me it had it listed as $275 retail price, $420 MSRP. So I basically just got him to knock a bit off the MSRP listing for this CAI.
Thanks for checking into that, Tyler! :thumbs: I will ask my own dealer tomorrow, how they would handle that. I wonder if this sort of thing would vary from dealer to dealer....with some agreeing to install a part bought over the internet, while others insisting that it had to be bought through the dealership.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts