Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so my husband used to belong to this car forum. And they did something I thought was really cool, that I think we should do.

Now, that we have so many forum members, and now that we have some car owners, we need to start having some fun...

Let's do theme pictures..... for example, we're in Spring, and it's beautiful and usually "crisp" wherever you are.

Spring - Pictures of your cars near a body of water (beach, ocean, bay, creek, lake, etc. So you go out and drive your car near any local body of water and submit it to the forum.

Once enough people start posting the pictures and getting into the groove and having some fun, then we start voting on the best picture and each month or season, that picture get's to be "showcased" somewhere on the site. After 12 months we can print really cool calendars for super cheap....

I think it's such a neat idea. What do you think.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think this is a great idea. I was disapointed when my "SKY" calender was done in March as each page had a different photo of the Sky. A new one with pictures from around N.America would really be nice to have.
Now granted, I live by Lake Erie and a Nuke plant, so my photos wouldn't be all that and a bag of chips...but some nice N.W. or N.E. photos would be great.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i belong to the Chevy colorado forum and we did a calender its great! good way to show off ur vehical and make others jelous!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Now that is a great idea..I'll second or third it! We do need one spot and one spot only to post otherwise they will be all over the forum, threads and galleries..organization is not my thing but it will be needed.
Not the background in the following:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Good Idea

Angelqute1 said:
Okay, so my husband used to belong to this car forum. And they did something I thought was really cool, that I think we should do.

Now, that we have so many forum members, and now that we have some car owners, we need to start having some fun...

Let's do theme pictures..... for example, we're in Spring, and it's beautiful and usually "crisp" wherever you are.

Spring - Pictures of your cars near a body of water (beach, ocean, bay, creek, lake, etc. So you go out and drive your car near any local body of water and submit it to the forum.

Once enough people start posting the pictures and getting into the groove and having some fun, then we start voting on the best picture and each month or season, that picture get's to be "showcased" somewhere on the site. After 12 months we can print really cool calendars for super cheap....

I think it's such a neat idea. What do you think.
ok i'll start :) Myrtle beach SC on March 24th.... the day after We got our Sky

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
We will need some guidlines and rules....

Just the car...or with people?

How about pets?

what format...picture size?

I like it! Just trying to get to 300 post quicker (LOL)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
you couldnt get that all in 1 post?

·
Registered
804 Posts
OK everyone, If you have your SKY now, then start taking interesting photos as you have a HUGE advantage to be picked as the best for Spring- seeing that most of the Skys still are on the line waiting to be born. Make the photos good, I need to post some more in my office.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just having fun yellow sky!

·
Registered
438 Posts
KUSTOMKAPS: we are both in Michigan...our spring pics will still have ice on some lakes! Just kidding, it's getting better...70 degrees this Tuesday!!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I agree, I think Angelqute1 needs to address rules and regulations- seeing she has some experience with sort of thing. Oh, maybe we should also ask the Big Guy's running the site if they could...you know, make it happen?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks! Oh not for combining my posts, but for getting rid of SKYEPILOT!

·
Registered
804 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
KUSTOMKAPS: we are both in Michigan...our spring pics will still have ice on some lakes! Just kidding, it's getting better...70 degrees this Tuesday!!
I have the idea for winter already...put a ski under each wheel and add a santa hat to the hood (My Sky is Red).

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sounds like fun. I'll submit this one from Rockport, Me.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Sky Hi said:
Sounds like fun. I'll submit this one from Rockport, Me.
Now that is a nice photo.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
I have the idea for winter already...put a ski under each wheel and add a santa hat to the hood (My Sky is Red).
That's good!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Nice pics so far. I envy you folks on the coasts. There are some nice roads to drive here in Southern Ill, but nothing beats the scenery of the coastlines.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Don't forget to tell us the what, when, where, and why on your photos. Any pic of a Sky is great, but it's sooooooo much more interesting when you can tell us a story about where you are, what happened on the way to there and what's great about being there.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts