Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I met with him today and picked up all the remaining parts I think. I will go thru them in the next week or so and let you know what I have for sale.

I know I have a set of seats, a bunch of wheels and tires, inter coolers, door panels and 4 giant crates that I have no idea what is inside.

Also have red and black interior.

One dead pedal promised.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I met with him today and picked up all the remaining parts I think. I will go thru them in the next week or so and let you know what I have for sale.

I know I have a set of seats, a bunch of wheels and tires, inter coolers, door panels and 4 giant crates that I have no idea what is inside.

Also have red and black interior.

One dead pedal promised.
OK. Hoping there is a good condition right interior passenger door handle!

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
No door handles, just complete door panels. You should be able to buy a new on the Chevy site. Can't think of the one that has a lot of our same stuff in it. DUH On the tip of my tongue. Somebody help me. lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
Door handle

No door handles, just complete door panels. You should be able to buy a new on the Chevy site. Can't think of the one that has a lot of our same stuff in it. DUH On the tip of my tongue. Somebody help me. lol
I think the Chevy Cobalt shares some of the Sky's parts.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I don't want to destroy a door panel to just remove something you can get from the Cobalt family, pretty sure. I would just have to remove and then plastic weld a new one in to sell the door panel. I don't think they cost that much and there are threads on making the change.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I found the dead pedal, no idea what they are worth. Make me an offer. I think I have two of them, one I bought a while back so will try to find the second one as someone else was looking for one. I think I am getting rid of all my stuff.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't want to destroy a door panel to just remove something you can get from the Cobalt family, pretty sure. I would just have to remove and then plastic weld a new one in to sell the door panel. I don't think they cost that much and there are threads on making the change.
I ordered a door handle assembly from a Chevy Cobalt. Local mechs wouldn't swap it out since the part isn't "plug and play" with the Sky. (The actual handle looks identical.) I have looked around and haven't found any instructions on how to disassemble one to swap it out. I'm afraid to experiment since the assembly isn't exactly strong, and I think there is a good risk I could break it trying to figure out how to fix it. LOL. I do understand wanting to get the most bang for your buck selling parts. No worries.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I will look again tomorrow if I go to storage site. But I think you just drill out the plastic, stick the new handle in and then melt the plastic back with a soldering iron. But not dead certain on it. I have seen a report on it, but never paid much attention to it. Now of course I will need to. lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
I will look again tomorrow if I go to storage site. But I think you just drill out the plastic, stick the new handle in and then melt the plastic back with a soldering iron. But not dead certain on it. I have seen a report on it, but never paid much attention to it. Now of course I will need to. lol
Thanks for the efforts skersfan! I'm not much of a gear head, but I'm learning. I do know what's cool though, and the Sky is. :). I just don't want to do anything that will cause her harm.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Not sure I am getting to town today, but will for sure Friday morning. Will let you know what I find when I look at it.

I know mine broke about two years ago, but the shop that painted the big mirrors broke it, so they had to replace it. I looked at it and they said it would have been done that way, either way.

I do have some extra door panels, I will look at them, but hate to break something that isn't broken.

I have not had time to go thru everything I got from Tfo2. A lot of plastic parts in two 55gallon bins. .I guess enough to replace everything in the cockpit on at least one. And 90% on another. Also have some I bought when I rebuilt the Green Salvage car, but have not located them yet. Two storage sites and a garage, makes keeping up with them hard over the years. lol

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
You can swap just the chrome handle out without having to break/remelt the support frame.

I think it was @robtheelder that did a writeup on it - probably on solstice forum.

OK, I did a search. See post at: '07 solstice inner door handle??? - Pontiac Solstice Forum, and also look at post 30 for more pics, and post 33 for a howto description

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Searching thru stuff today, found two Cobalt door handles, inside and out side that I bought a while back. I am ready. lol

I am tied up the next few days with work and meetings. Then a couple of weeks of non stop work before vacation. Not sure if I will get this stuff sorted out before I go.

will try, but can not promise. A lot of stuff to go thru.

I will start a new thread on what I have for sale and proposed prices. I think I am getting rid of my stock of parts also. I really enjoyed my off roading this summer, getting ready to go again. Forgot how fun it can be and the beauty of nature it puts you in.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts