Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Doesn't the 2jZ weigh more(iron block) than an LSV8? Distribution off much? Hope you're doing simpleton stuff like drag racing cause your handling going to suffer. Good luck though.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't the 2jZ weigh more(iron block) than an LSV8? Distribution off much? Hope you're doing simpleton stuff like drag racing cause your handling going to suffer. Good luck though.
Definitely drag racing. I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Lol. Jokes aside.... I love going to the drag strip and now I'll really have a reason to go ;)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is it there budget tune or one optimized for specific mods? I have a 5sp redline so Im intersted just need a few more details.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it there budget tune or one optimized for specific mods? I have a 5sp redline so Im intersted just need a few more details.
It's the tune that can be altered at any time. Dyno tune, mod tune, etc. Tuning is done via email with Vince. Right now it is tuned for Hahn IC , intake with charge tubes, and MagnaFlow exhaust. I can detune before sending if you'd like. I can ship the ecm and trifecta software for $325. Sound fair? I will include instructions on tuning and the password to log in to my trifecta account.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Do you know if Id have to pay to have the tune changed? I run basically all the same mods but probably wont for ever.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You do have to pay for dyno tuning. But bolt ons are free tunes. I've had it tuned twice so far for free.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
dont know if id swap ecms, i dont think theyre just plug and play regardless if theyre both redlines. this should be something you test in person before you buy to verify it works.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dont know if id swap ecms, i dont think theyre just plug and play regardless if theyre both redlines. this should be something you test in person before you buy to verify it works.
All you have to do is an anti-theft relearn. Simple. Side note: I started pulling the motor out today and I'm seriously thinking of welding a stainless steel frame on top the motor to put glass on and make a table out of it for my game room ;) that would be sick!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
nice! but if all thats wrong is a piston ring wouldnt it be easy to rebuild and get running again to sell?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice! but if all thats wrong is a piston ring wouldnt it be easy to rebuild and get running again to sell?
Probibly so, but I kinda in a weird way got attached to this motor. And it is the perfect trophy for all the 'kills' I've had with it ;) me and my buddy were talking about all the V8's I've beaten already who are mostly close friends, and thought to keep it as a reminder when we're all in the Man Cave. Kinda like a Hall of Fame deal. Lol. I'll probibly put the internals and maybe the turbo on ebay, but the rest will be polished or painted for the table.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts