Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just joined after purchasing a 2008 Sky Carbon Flash. I need a couple of parts, and am hoping somebody has them. I need a passenger fender, glovebox with or without the adjoining air vent, and the passenger side cupholder. May also be in the market for 2 of the factory 18" chrome wheels. Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Hey guys, just joined after purchasing a 2008 Sky Carbon Flash. I need a couple of parts, and am hoping somebody has them. I need a passenger fender, glovebox with or without the adjoining air vent, and the passenger side cupholder. May also be in the market for 2 of the factory 18" chrome wheels. Please let me know. Thanks!
Hi Allan. Welcome to the forum. I have found and approved your posts, so you should see them show up. Also, you should be automatically promoted to regular member status and your posts should start appearing immediately without needing approval.

Regarding the parts, there may be some folks who have the parts you are looking for. Congratulations on your recent acquisition of a 2008, and best of luck with your parts quest!

All the best. :cool:

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome to the forum and owners club.

As far as the parts you do need here while you wait for owners here to respond to your
request, or searching the internet yourself only the passenger side fender will be tough to find.

If I know my Sky owners most that have spare fenders for the passenger side of our cars, might
not be willing to give them up as they are limited in what's left out there in parts land. However there
is a thread here: Parting out 3 Sky's from one of our members @101ttgts, might want to check with him, see what
he has left, and his costs/shipping info?

- I might suggest that you do this instead maybe. Take you car to a local body shop, have them
give you an estimate on what it will take them to repair, the OEM original? There could be an aftermarket
part, or a custom part available but that takes time and money.

- A good salvage yard might have a crunched Sky local to your location. There you might be able to source
the parts you seek? You also might try the DIY and fix the side fender at home? Many owners here have done this
when given the cost of the Body shop guys repair. Painting the repaired part, to color match yours should be done
by professionals, so... back to the repair & paint body shop guys.

-Glove box & A/C vent could be found in the salvage yard, but you get what you pay for, so check the condition
before install to your interior.

- Passenger cupholder... meh. Non essential to car operations.

- Chrome 18" wheels. Now those might be available here on the forum. I believe there was a thread here just recently
advertising brand new, as in never used, nada... For Sale. Contact owner for price and shipping costs. IF the price is
to high, then the salvage yard might have something you could use, for less costs?

LAC

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have a glove box, i have nice crome wheels but shipping would be crazy high, cup holder is broken

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
ttt. Come on guys, I know somebody has this stuff. Cash ready to go for everything.
Our front fenders run about $400 EACH because they are no longer made (by the facrtory...but Norm's fiberglass and DDM Works both make versions that will work. Norms are different than OEM so you'll need both driver and passenger side but DDMs are OEM replacement), are constantly getting broken, and getting harder and harder to find. The passenger cupholder is the same issue but worse. I've heard of ones going for $300. There is a metal one someone makes (The name Santana rings a bell...) that is about $130. When the passenger cupholders could be had for $20, people thought he was nuts. Now they are a bargain. LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
ttt. Come on guys, I know somebody has this stuff. Cash ready to go for everything.
Our front fenders run about $400 EACH because they are no longer made (by the facrtory...but Norm's fiberglass and DDM Works both make versions that will work. Norms are different than OEM so you'll need both driver and passenger side but DDMs are OEM replacement), are constantly getting broken, and getting harder and harder to find. The passenger cupholder is the same issue but worse. I've heard of ones going for $300. There is a metal one someone makes (The name Santana rings a bell...) that is about $130. When the passenger cupholders could be had for $20, people thought he was nuts. Now they are a bargain. LOL

My cupholder was busted. I found a guy selling 3D-Printed replacement arms(Usually the only part busted) for maybe $10, which you just have to take apart old one and place new arm in. I spent a little extra time and sanded mine super smooth. Don't even need to help it get started to close properly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Would you be willing to sell 2 of the wheels? I will pay for shipping. Should be about $35 per wheel.
shipping cost depends on where its being shipped from and shipped to and the weight. and shipping a heavy crome wheel to where ever is gonna cost more than 35 bucks each

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You're in Maryland, I'm in North Carolina. Not a real big shipping distance. Could you post or message me what you would need per wheel shipped to 27284? Thanks so much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts