Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed my order so long ago I can't even remember which month it was. Got a call on 8/23 from my dealer stating that my R/L order was fianlly accepted. I got a call yesterday that the car (which is now in "manufacturing") will not be blt. until sometime in mid Nov. I live near the Detroit area and had been looking fwd to at least a few spirited days of driving prior to winter. Now I am really considering passing on the car and waiting until spring to pout a new order in. My exuberance with the car is really starting to wane. I have even had thoughts about a used Z3, new Miata or Mustang Conv. I just can't get geeked about a Japanese car and the Mustang doesn't really do it for me either. Perhaps I should just sit back and wait, but like I said, it has been a long road.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think most of us who waited those long months for our Sky's understand what you are going through.....even if you are wrong. I got my base sky almost a month ago and cannot tell you how happy I am with the car. I passed a new Miata yesterday going home, and the guy driving it looked over at my Sky and just shook his head and then gave me :thumbs: .......priceless.

If I had one wish, it would be that she had a bit more pep. And yours WILL !!!! You've got a RL coming !!!!!

Stay the course, and just put your head down and plow forward. It may not come for a few more months, but you will be soooo glad that you waited.

If you buy another car, you will probably be happy with it. You will enjoy driving it and tell yourself that you made the right decision. But then that day will come when you get passed by the Sky RL which could have been yours..........what will you think then?

Consider this intervention. It's tough love, all right.....but in the end, those thoughts of dime-a-dozen Mustangs or rice burners will be as unfullfilling as the crack-pipe to an ex-adict.

Move away from the Ford Dealership !!!! Go home, sit and know that we will be there for you. And in the end, all will be wonderful. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Unless you need a car now, I think the wait will be worth it. My husband keeps telling me "you can have a corvette tomorrow", but the Sky is what I want. Think positive and have patience...hopefully all the bugs will be worked out and new options will be on your car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I feel the same way. The excitement is wearing off. This forum is the only thing that keeps me going and going and going. I don't even have a delivery month yet! Winter is surely upon us and if I get it during the season I'll pick it up drive it home and put it in the garage. I know that Spring will be awesome:thumbs:

·
Registered
62 Posts
wait

I was behind a Z-3 yesterday. They actually look like a cartoon car. Fat bulbous body with a 1 person passenger compartment. I think the doors are a foot thick. Isnt the miata about the size of a TRIUMPH SPITFIRE??Ha Ha.

Wait for the Sky ..worlds apart..:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I'm actually proud of myself about how I am handling the wait. In philly area, and have similar winter time concerns, and I am also looking at prob a mid nov delivery (my own estimate). Hopefully there will be a stretch or two of mild weather in fall, early winter. We play some ball on thanksgiving, and I can remember recently wearing short sleave shirt to play. I also remember freezing my butt off too!

I think what's got me "chilled" is I am keeping my current car, and I have a few payments remaining. So as each month rolls by, I am closer to paying old car off and minimizing my double payments...

Not that i want to it wait till Feb, but there is a silver lining for me in having to wait. Actually... even getting in Feb wouldnt be that bad, cause then its just two months before April and spring are here...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I placed my order so long ago I can't even remember which month it was. Got a call on 8/23 from my dealer stating that my R/L order was fianlly accepted. I got a call yesterday that the car (which is now in "manufacturing") will not be blt. until sometime in mid Nov. I live near the Detroit area and had been looking fwd to at least a few spirited days of driving prior to winter. Now I am really considering passing on the car and waiting until spring to pout a new order in. My exuberance with the car is really starting to wane. I have even had thoughts about a used Z3, new Miata or Mustang Conv. I just can't get geeked about a Japanese car and the Mustang doesn't really do it for me either. Perhaps I should just sit back and wait, but like I said, it has been a long road.
Join the crowd. We are all tired of waiting for our Red Lines or GXP's. But I think you'll regret it if you cancel it. But I know how you feel. I waited 6 months for my base Solstice and now waiting already 6 months for my GXP and will most likely have to wait quite a bit more. But I'll wait.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I'm not sure how to respond to this, I knew going into it that the redline was going to be limited availablity in 2006. As such I have just sorta kicked back and let it move along at it's own pace, I do have to say I would gladly trade spots. I'm still at status code 2030, to actually get a tpw would be really nice......:thumbs:

I would even settle for a status code 3000, after all I'm not that hard to please..:)

Oh well I am number 1 on the list at my dealer, now if they could just get an allocation, with no redline constraints........

ZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

Oh sorry about that I fell asleep and was dreaming my dealer actually got an allocation..........:lol:

Ok, back to the subject at hand, kick back relax and sooner or later you'll get your redline. Remember all good things come to those that wait....:thumbs:

·
Registered
364 Posts
GXP at Somerset Pontiac

Nix_Nix,

If you want to change brands, there is a Red / Black Solstice GXP sitting on the lot "somewhere in Michigan". I drive by it everyday and as of this morning, it's still there. Heck, I told the salesman my wife and I were interested and took it for a test drive..... That convinced the wife that she really liked the car......

Sticker is about $32K + change.....

If this violates any supporting vendor rules, please remove.....

HoldHard

·
Registered
322 Posts
:nono: For what its worth....HANG IN THERE:D ....... I was "wavering" lately as well on my Base Order, but I came to the FORUMN :grouphug: (its getting like AA for some of us), sought advice and got it. Hold on, it will be worth it. Ya same winter issue here BUT. I have seen 65 at Christmas here as well as 15 below! I think I will have many driving days and quite a few will be topless....err......top down ish? Anyway hang in there, er.... here.....:cool:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah it sucks. Think of the people who placed deposits sight unseen from 16 months ago. The dealers are getting pissed off too! I am feeling bad about customers waiting too but heck most of us are 100% commision based and WE are tired of waiting also. I wish they would get this thing going and everyone would be very happy!!!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Nix_Nix,

If you want to change brands, there is a Red / Black Solstice GXP sitting on the lot "somewhere in Michigan." I drive by it everyday and as of this morning, it's still there. Heck, I told the salesman my wife and I were interested and took it for a test drive..... That convinced the wife that she really liked the car......

Sticker is about $32K + change.....

If this violates any supporting vendor rules, please remove.....

HoldHard
Pontiac site does not show the car. If it's $32K it most likely is an automatic.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

If you cancel it now, you better reorder it at the same time to have ANY chance of getting a 2007 Redline at all!!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'd say keep your patience. Hang in there as much as possible.

Think of it this way, there are going to be some people who WILL cancel their orders, for whatever reason they may have, whether it's the wait, financial,etc.

So I predict with the ramp up of production mid winter combined with many people cancelling, that orders in the early months of 2007 (jan-mar) will fly out the factory. You may be # whatever at your dealer now, but that can change.

hang in there. At least you've gotten accepted, heh heh, Think of what it'd be like to be still at 1102 like me, and hearing people saying they're thinking of backing out after being imaged or even picked up by production. It's frustrating, :banghead:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Pontiac site does not show the car. If it's $32K it most likely is an automatic.
Yes it is..... the wife will only drive a two pedal.....

:rolleyes:

HoldHard

·
Registered
637 Posts
wait shmait...I'm pretty sick of this too... I was told the day I put the deposit down (6/25) that I'd have the car in 3 months. I'm now number 2 on the list and I've been in that position for the last month and a half.:banghead: I've already started researching 350Zs. I'm within about 2 weeks of buying one and getting my deposit back... i really don't have much faith that Saturn will be around for many more years... in which case, replacement parts...especially for the Redline will be extremely hard to come by.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
wait shmait...I'm pretty sick of this too... I was told the day I put the deposit down (6/25) that I'd have the car in 3 months. I'm now number 2 on the list and I've been in that position for the last month and a half.:banghead: I've already started researching 350Zs. I'm within about 2 weeks of buying one and getting my deposit back... i really don't have much faith that Saturn will be around for many more years... in which case, replacement parts...especially for the Redline will be extremely hard to come by.:rolleyes:
They will be around. General Motors will never go out of business. the Goverment would step in first.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
If anything, I think that Saturn would be doing well.

With the Aura and Vue, they seem to be pulling in a decent amount. And if you think about it, the Sky and Sky Redline have a near 100% sale rate. You don't really see any sky or redline just sitting on the lot to be hugely discounted as a following year left over.

Granted right now there are more base skies available since people are starting to trade them in for redlines, but those returned base models are being sold back to those who have a base on order, who are willing to compensate with a car that isn't exactly to their specs, but is available now.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
If anything, I think that Saturn would be doing well.

With the Aura and Vue, they seem to be pulling in a decent amount. And if you think about it, the Sky and Sky Redline have a near 100% sale rate. You don't really see any sky or redline just sitting on the lot to be hugely discounted as a following year left over.

Granted right now there are more base skies available since people are starting to trade them in for redlines, but those returned base models are being sold back to those who have a base on order, who are willing to compensate with a car that isn't exactly to their specs, but is available now.
Not really, someone said they saw a dealership with 6 base Sky's for sale. Most were not used. I think 2 were trade in's or used.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts