Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted these on FB, looks to be an easy way to cover the chrome door handles. I'm assuming you could also color match them before installing, $19.99. Go in w/someone and buy a set of four and then split the cost, or sell the extra handle covers.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFZS3SH/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_8PrgDb6CBJ6AE?fbclid=IwAR1INDYayIPxYrN7zLnKdXkuSMcFIRyys_HuPuq-Dl5d1dquK3b6uuF5qMM

S SIZVER Ultra Finish Glossy-Black Series 8pcs Door Handle Covers Compatible with 2006-2012 Chevrolet Impala+Cobalt

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I saw that post, and it got me thinking- is there a list of GM vehicles that share the same door handles as the kappa? I think the HHR was one of them, no?

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I saw that post, and it got me thinking- is there a list of GM vehicles that share the same door handles as the kappa? I think the HHR was one of them, no?
No. HHR are slightly different shape.

According to my (somewhat suspect) research, based on fitment tables on eBay, our outside handles are shared by:

Chevrolet Cobalt
Chevrolet Impala
Buick Lucerne
Buick LaCrosse

Inside handles (chrome part) are shared by just the Cobalt and Pontiac G5.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Someone posted these on FB, looks to be an easy way to cover the chrome door handles. I'm assuming you could also color match them before installing, $19.99. Go in w/someone and buy a set of four and then split the cost, or sell the extra handle covers.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MFZS3SH/ref=cm_sw_r_fm_apa_i_8PrgDb6CBJ6AE?fbclid=IwAR1INDYayIPxYrN7zLnKdXkuSMcFIRyys_HuPuq-Dl5d1dquK3b6uuF5qMM

S SIZVER Ultra Finish Glossy-Black Series 8pcs Door Handle Covers Compatible with 2006-2012 Chevrolet Impala+Cobalt
That site on Amazon says they do not fit an 08 Sky. FYI

·
Super Moderator
11,282 Posts
That site on Amazon says they do not fit an 08 Sky. FYI
I've had GM part sites ran by GM dealerships say that parts that fit our car don't fit our car because they haven't properly cross referenced them. LOL It's not uncommon.

Knowing what other cars share our parts is a huge help when it comes to this stuff. Like MM said, if they fit a Cobalt they'll fit our cars. The door handles on my car now are not "Kappa" door handles but were made for the Cobalt. I got them because they were more reinforced than our stock handles and came ready to paint...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,902 Posts
Has anyone tried these? Do you have to cut a hole in the cover for key access to the passenger side?
Only if you want to be able to use your key in the passenger's door. I never have. Driver's door either, for that matter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks! I've got something going on with my driver side door where the lock doesn't actually unlock with the remote. It is one of many projects that I need to get around to on the car!

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I can make you vinyl decal door handle overlays.
I made Silver Metallic ones for our Sky and Black for my Coupe.
PM me if interested.
Ours have lasted over 7+ years.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts