Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this true?
LLLFLY

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Where did you hear this? A news article or just random talk you've overheard. I'd be more likely to believe an article from a reputable auto news source than anything else

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This came from a good source. At this time I can not say. I hope it is true. Time will tell.
LLLFLY

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,565 Posts
If anything, I would think the Spring Hill, TN plant would be a wiser choice. While I no doubt would love to see the employees be working at both plants... the TN location is newer, with a more recent overhaul... and soon to be idled as they move Traverse production to join the other 3 Lambdas. It is also the birthplace of Saturn.

Now... Wilmington would also make sense if the new Saturn is making Renaults or their subsidiaries vehicles... and need to be closer to a port to ship overseas as an overflow location.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
1) Why would Penske want to burden himself with that sort of overhead when he can just rebadge cars?
2) Assuming he DID take on that much debt, develop R&D, develop design assets, build a huge physical and human infrastructure, why would he want to do so in union states?

I would bet that if the Penske program works using first Saturn's waning production schedule and then Renault for inventory, he will sell the network to Renault and walk away with a BUCKET full of cash. Forget all the emotion - think of the financial aspects and potential.

·
Registered
960 Posts
If he buys Wilmington, no where have I found information to support that theory, he won't be building the Sky or the Solstice.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
nope :bs:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
We've been through this already...Bigfoot and Elvis have bought the plant and are secretly building Kappas for Michael Jackson.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I guess that means Tupac and Notorious BIG will have to settle for buying the Spring Hill plant:eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
No, no, no, DeLorean is buying Wilmington - ROFL!!!

Y'all must have seen that bit of facebook stupidity....................

Neither Penske or Wynne are that dumb with their money - unfortunately!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts