Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this Ebay auction: 8025836220

I like that old school picture of the preliminary prototype...who are these guys? HA HA HA

Buncha Jokers :jester:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This one too

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
They should be shot for using that old photo! Have you checked out KappaSphere? They have stuff for the Solstice and promise to have stuff for the Sky as well.

Looks like the Solstice/Sky will be very popular cars to do modifications to. Poor mans sports car gets lots of attention from the third party guys. :thumbs:

Should be even more offerings when the redline version comes out. :drool:

I hope this car becomes a real classic. :driving:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I want some performance Cam Shafts....

·
Registered
11 Posts
that last one that's a chip? total crap... too many of them floating around ebay. its nothing but a resistor inside a fancy casing.

as for the muffler, there's a sound clip available on magnaflow's website of that setup. go check it out!

·
Registered
623 Posts
If I was going to do anything to the electronics I'd need the Chip Flash program. It's worthless to do anything but reprogram the ECU.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Chips in todays cars cannot be replaced, they are permanently installed, the only way to change the performance is by either reprograming the CPU with a programmer, or an laptop computer with a program to alter the settings, or an Inline chipset is plugged into the computer wiring harness that dosen't reprogram anything it just fools the origonal computer to think it's inputs are different and causes the computer to change it's outputs to increas performance... the preferred method is the reprograming of the cpu though...
That thing on E-bay is a simple way of fooling the car into running a richer fuel mixture, it will help in some RPM ranges but hurt in others... I would stay away from it ....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm pretty darned sure that the Magnaflow exhaust is legit. It's from an extremely reputable seller and it's actually Magnaflow that messed up and provided the photo of the "old" Sky. Here is the link direct to Magnaflow:
Magnaflow for Sky

And, as mentioned here the Solstice version sounds VERY hot :cheers:
Magnaflow for Solstice

So... I'm buying one. Thanks for the lead!

·
Registered
19 Posts
And one more update. Check out eBay item # 8025600859, same unit for $452... and they don't even use the wrong picture of the Sky. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The Magnaflow exists only as a single outlet unit so far. They're working on a dual outlet but it's not out yet.

Also that image of a dual exhaust on eBay is totally impossible for the Kappa cars. The exhaust system looks absolutely nothing like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts