Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the RPO for this option from the "build your own" on the Sky web site? My dealer doesn't have the ordering code for this option.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Delnari said:
Does anyone have the RPO for this option from the "build your own" on the Sky web site? My dealer doesn't have the ordering code for this option.

FE2 - "Suspension, Sport-tuned"

?

correction-
Doubt that's what you're asking for.
Closest thing I saw on the list, but it's listed as Standard.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I don't even know if the Solstice RPO is out or not yet. I know if you get the Club Sport Solstice the Suspension package for it is listed as FE3 but we don't know if that's the code only for the Z0K package sport suspension, or also the stand alone suspension kit.

If you're getting the car redone by Mallett wont a lot of these parts get replaced?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
skywatcher said:
FE2 - "Suspension, Sport-tuned"

?
It's FE3 on the Solstice, but as I mentioned that's only with the Z0K as far as we know so far. The GMPP Sport Suspension has yet to be completly identified as what it is in comparison to the FE3.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Delnari said:
What I am afraid of, is even if we get the code...if it does not appear on the order screen, I can't add it. Will keep you informed.
Cheers,
Jill

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brentil said:
I don't even know if the Solstice RPO is out or not yet. I know if you get the Club Sport Solstice the Suspension package for it is listed as FE3 but we don't know if that's the code only for the Z0K package sport suspension, or also the stand alone suspension kit.

If you're getting the car redone by Mallett wont a lot of these parts get replaced?
The base package from Mallett doesn't upgrade the sway bars, add poly bushings on the entire suspension, or change out to a different spring rate. If the Bilstein re-valve dampers are as good as the Penske ones then that would be a cost savings. Need to get this into my order before it goes to production.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dealer installed option. The kit is not installed at the plant. It's shipped to the dealer who install it when they take delivery of the vehicle. The kit WILL have a part number, if it is not available when you order your car just get it later and install it yourself or pay some one to. The kit should cost less than the DIO price because labor is figured into the DIO price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rik said:
Dealer installed option. The kit is not installed at the plant. It's shipped to the dealer who install it when they take delivery of the vehicle. The kit WILL have a part number, if it is not available when you order your car just get it later and install it yourself or pay some one to. The kit should cost less than the DIO price because labor is figured into the DIO price.
That's the question I had. Since it is a dealer installed option, will it actually have an RPO code? I know there is a part number to get the kit, but it will not actually appear as an RPO, will it?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Rik said:
What happens to the "Old Parts" For example if I order the flashy Dealer installed Rims do I get to keep the old rims? And do the old rims have tires? It would be classy to have the all chrome rims for the Summer and the standard plain rims for the winter, having summer and winter tires on them respectivly.

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
What is going on here...I spoke with this woman at the Saturn plant. She said it is installed at the factory....and what does this have to do with rims....need answers since this is an expensive option.

MarlboroMike

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Jill has any Sky related documentation come through yet? I want to pick up service and parts manuals as soon as they are available.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
rick112 said:
Jill has any Sky related documentation come through yet? I want to pick up service and parts manuals as soon as they are available.
I was at my dealer today, my parts man got a list of SKY accesories that part numbers will be active Mar 13th. I will go back on Monday or Tues and try to get a longer look at it. However it did have tonneau cover, car cover, ashtray& lighter kit, locking gas cap, license plate frames, car care kit, floor mats, etc. No CAI was on the list though, I specifically asked because I had an order in for one. I have ordered a few of these items and they will automatically ship them to my dealer as soon as available, I think these will be available to ship on the 13 of March, one more indication of a Mar 21 demo arrival. I hope you find this helpful.

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ernest, at least waiting on the Sky is not as bad as waiting to be a shorttimer in country back in the late 60's, early 70's. Just thought I would mention. Another Sky waiter, Skip.....:willy: :cool:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yup, that is so very true. This is definitely, without a doubt the lessor of the two evils. I am FIGMO now, getting so short I need a stepladder to get into the bunk:lol: :lol: Hey brother, it sure glad to have another Vet on the forum.:patriot: DaNang RVN & Udorn Thailand 70 - 71! Yourself? Remember when you could order those bad ass muscle cars while overseas, have them all most paid off when you returned to the world? Now if I walk into a Saturn dealer and hear "Hey GI, make you #1 deal" I will turn around and head for the nearest VA Hospital and check myself into the "laughing academy":lol: :crazy:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello everyone.. So i see the suspension upgrade available.. and i notice it mentions an upgrade to Billstein (spelling??) shocks amungst other things. Question.. what is the stock.. shock/strut if the upgrade is billstein??:confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ernest said:
Yup, that is so very true. This is definitely, without a doubt the lessor of the two evils. I am FIGMO now, getting so short I need a stepladder to get into the bunk:lol: :lol: Hey brother, it sure glad to have another Vet on the forum.:patriot: DaNang RVN & Udorn Thailand 70 - 71! Yourself? Remember when you could order those bad ass muscle cars while overseas, have them all most paid off when you returned to the world? Now if I walk into a Saturn dealer and hear "Hey GI, make you #1 deal" I will turn around and head for the nearest VA Hospital and check myself into the "laughing academy":lol: :crazy:
Love you long time. Skip...:lol: :cool: Those were the days my friend , thought they would never end. Sounds like a cool song.:thumbs: :jester:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wakebord99 said:
Hello everyone.. So i see the suspension upgrade available.. and i notice it mentions an upgrade to Billstein (spelling??) shocks amungst other things. Question.. what is the stock.. shock/strut if the upgrade is billstein??:confused:
All Sky cars come standard with Bilstein shocks, the performance kit is offering a re-valve performance version of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts