Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright.. I had a thought and if it has already been discussed just tell me :)

Lambo Doors...

Watcha guys think? WHO's WITH ME

(of course.. the first thing I'm doing is the HID lights, the conversion kits I found run about 500 bucks.. but the next thing.. I think.. lambo doors.. )

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lamborgeeeneee doors

aye, That'd probably be really cool, but im not gonna "Pimp My Ride" like that. I'd rather spend it on the engine and ground effects. I'd be interested to see how they look though before havin them put on yours. I might like em' enough to get em'.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Slade said:
aye, That'd probably be really cool, but im not gonna "Pimp My Ride" like that. I'd rather spend it on the engine and ground effects. I'd be interested to see how they look though before havin them put on yours. I might like em' enough to get em'.
Yup... I back you up there... I think I'll save a 4-5K to get a stronger turbo, change the psi, and play with the computer and fuel injector... I hope to blow the 320HP with this! Witch would be [email protected]!!! :mad:

But I have to agree that lambo doors would be freaking cool!

·
Registered
148 Posts
By the way, you probably have seen it already...

but here's what the Sky Red Line shoud looks like :

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No that picture has been modified.. the top hood opening is gone and the saturn symbol looks a little wacky.. although.. it's not too bad. :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P.S. On a side note, can anyone tell me the purpose of what appear to be 4 forward driving lights..

hight/low above bumber
2 fogs underneath?

any guesses?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I agree with SKY_VUE, it is a mod, just go to the Gallery and take a closer look at the front end, you will see the changes that were made.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Ok, so someone chopped off the front air vent. Which makes even LESS sense if this was the RedLine because you would want more air vents for intercooler cooling.

·
Registered
432 Posts
brentil said:
Ok, so someone chopped off the front air vent. Which makes even LESS sense if this was the RedLine because you would want more air vents for intercooler cooling.
i agree. if anything that opening should be bigger. i'd give it to you if the opening was a different shape, but it sill needs to be there.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Exactly. Of all the spy shots we've seen of the Solstice GXP the major difference is the gargantiaun intercooler sitting smack dab up front, and the modifications to the front facia to permit the intercooler to fit, and for better airflow to it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Although this is a chopped version, you do not necessarily need the larger gap in the front. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Mitsubishi eclipse. It obtains all its airflow from the lower scoop in the bumber. For the Turbo version, no modifications where made to the scoop to allow greater airflow. It's an intercooler all it has to do is be infront it's not actually breathing for the system.

Sky_vue

·
Registered
432 Posts
sky_vue said:
Although this is a chopped version, you do not necessarily need the larger gap in the front. I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Mitsubishi eclipse. It obtains all its airflow from the lower scoop in the bumber. For the Turbo version, no modifications where made to the scoop to allow greater airflow. It's an intercooler all it has to do is be infront it's not actually breathing for the system.

Sky_vue
true, but as the sky sits so low (about 4 inches from the ground) you dont want to have it taking all the air from below. especially the breathing part. all it takes is one puddle and you're in trouble.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The eclipse sits a mere 5 inches from the ground, the intake (which I'm sure is similar in the Sky) is at the top of the opening... so although the bottom of the scoop is 4-5 inches off the ground the actually intake is higher.. I don't think that water ingestion is going to be a problem.. Even is some water where to get to the intake, it is unlikely to be ingested since it still has to go through the filter system. And if it does.. you'd better get out and swim.. You are in a lake.

One more post...

·
Registered
148 Posts
enderokc said:
I agree, I dont see anything diffrent.
Look at the front Hood... it looks even more like a vette!
Look more aggressive and more grounded to me!

And... You can't change perfection too much... so they made a good choice by keeping it as the "basic" version!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll take the Sky Redline, take the Saturn emblem off, put on the lambo doors, place aftermarket exhaust, upgrade the CAI system, upgrade the ICE, get aftermarket wheels, drop it an inch or two, CF hood, etc.
Oh, wait, I've done this to both my Hondas except the lambo doors. Although they look great on verts, they are $$$ if done right, so again, it'll be my last mod.
BTW, I really like the look of the Redline better than the base Sky. I wonder if you could just remove that part of the grill with the Saturn emblem on the base sky? Bet it'll look better than the way it is. Can someone photochop that out?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I know this may sound like a silly question, why do some people call it a bumber instead of a bumper ??? just wondering.....BTW I think the top secion of the lights are either the Turn signals or Daytime running lights (judging from the reflector design) or like on the Ion are used as both, and the bottom section is for the driving/fog lights...
I am talking about the lower part below the headlights...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts