Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good list of Personalized plate names that I could apply for and to help anyone else out that needs to put personalized plates on their Sky. I don't want to see a Sky out there without personalized plates. It's like seeing someone wearing wifebeaters......they're too cheap and generic for a Sky! Rules for the names:

1) The name can be no more than 6 characters, as some states won't permit more.
2) No special characters, like semicolons, apostrophe, comma and such. Letters and numbers only.
3) Nothing vulgar or obscene
4) Something fairly generic that anyone could use

I wish there were a searchable database so I could determine what I can get and what is already taken, but TX doesn't have one as far as I can tell. You have to apply with one and two alternates and hope you don't get rejected over and over again. Here are some plates that I've come up with:

1) SKY NV
2) BLU SKY, RED SKY, YLW SKY, WHT SKY, BLK SKY(you get the idea)
3) MY SKY
4) NV ME

That's about all I've got. I fear I'll have them all rejected and wouldn't mind a larger arsenal of possibilities before submitting. Hopefully this will help others out as well.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'm looking for a good list of Personalized plate names that I could apply for and to help anyone else out that needs to put personalized plates on their Sky. I don't want to see a Sky out there without personalized plates. It's like seeing someone wearing wifebeaters......they're too cheap and generic for a Sky! Rules for the names:

1) The name can be no more than 6 characters, as some states won't permit more.
2) No special characters, like semicolons, apostrophe, comma and such. Letters and numbers only.
3) Nothing vulgar or obscene
4) Something fairly generic that anyone could use

I wish there were a searchable database so I could determine what I can get and what is already taken, but TX doesn't have one as far as I can tell. You have to apply with one and two alternates and hope you don't get rejected over and over again. Here are some plates that I've come up with:

1) SKY NV
2) BLU SKY, RED SKY, YLW SKY, WHT SKY, BLK SKY(you get the idea)
3) MY SKY
4) NV ME

That's about all I've got. I fear I'll have them all rejected and wouldn't mind a larger arsenal of possibilities before submitting. Hopefully this will help others out as well.
Texas has a web site you can go to to check the availability of Personalized plates, it is on the request form. BTW TEXSKY, TXSKY2, MYTFYN are taken, sorry.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Texas has a web site you can go to to check the availability of Personalized plates, it is on the request form. BTW TEXSKY, TXSKY2, MYTFYN are taken, sorry.
The application only says to check such and such website for a list of specialty plates available. Personalized plates are a different beast. If you have a link to a website that permits you to check availability on personalized plates, please link it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Get it?

Plate: LUCY
Windrestrictor Image: Diamonds
or
Plate: DIAMNDS/DIMONDS
Windrestrictor: "Lucy"

:jester:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I have no idea what I'd put on a personalized plate. I'm amazed the DMV assigned me the letters and numbers I got.

What a stroke of luck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I already have SKY RKT in Texas. So I know that is not available:willy:

·
Registered
295 Posts
i have florida 2007sky

·
Registered
4,876 Posts