Saturn Sky Forum banner

PFYC vs Windrestrictor lighted door sill

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Wind Restrictor 
#1 ·
Looking for input on how well either are holding up. Any good comparisons of the 2. Looks like the PFYC is stainless is the Windrestrictor?

#3 ·
I have the early Windrestrictor sills on my Solstice. These used electro-luminescent backlights and mine are getting mottled looking (visibly darker in some areas) and I read that others have the same issues. I think the newer ones have LEDs though.

#6 ·
Dave,

I have had my original set for two and half years. No problems, great customer service. I decided to change the color out in mine from the orange to Red, did the windrestrictor at the same time. Had the lights in less than three days.

WR is a great company to work with. I have used their product on all three of my Kappas. Truly fine products, and great people that support this forum to the max. They have sponsored three of my Palm Springs Runs, providing free product and discounts each time.

I will say this, having a hydro blue, you will most likely lean towards the blue. It is brighter than any other color is seems to me. Even the door sills, but man it is a great color. If you do the WR, be sure to order a switch to turn it off or dim it while driving. Red and Yellow/orange does not seem to be as bright. But the blue really lights up the car for sure.

#7 ·
Dave,
I will say this, having a hydro blue, you will most likely lean towards the blue. ..

Of course. Thats why I was thinking of doing the redline, with blue light (will kind of match the seat stitching with the redline stitched in blue.

Seeing the pic's decision is easier like the windrestrictors font size better. Another thing to add to the to be bought list. I have so many parts sitting around to get installed, I need to get busy. Or when the Michigan Kappa club has there spring mod session, there will be a lot of work going on with my car.

On the actual windrestrictor waiting for the new controller to come out. Thinking I will tie it to the brakes.

#8 ·
If it is like mine, you will want to be able to shut it off I think. It is twice as bright as my yellow/orange and red one.

The color is a fantastic color, but it is so bright with the top up you can not see out the back window. Mine is just too bright for night operation. I am putting a switch in it, as the wife is driving it after crashing the Volt.

Well that is if I can get her out of my FJ. She hated it before, but now after a week of driving it she likes setting up above everyone. It has a 4 inch lift on 35's. A little different than her Volt and Sky.

But again, nothing negative and it is an absolutely fantastic color. I can only imagine how good it would look with a Hydro Blue. It totally sets off the Kawasaki Green.

#10 ·
The sill plates will be blue. The windrestrictor not sure of the color yet (multi? ) waiting for new controller and see what the options are then. ,

#11 ·
I have had my Wind restrictor sill plates for quite some time,(years).the factory sills would buckle with winter weather temps!NE Ohio,that's the reason I bought WS Sills.very happy with Wind restrictor sills. can see in my pic gallery.I haven't figured out how to put a picture here in this reply.
butter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.