Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a Philly/Delaware/Jersey (south) area shop that has done installations on our Kappa's?

With the warranty and payments long gone... thinking now is the time to tinker. Just that I have no desire to do the tinkering.

Not exactly sure what I want to do yet.. Exhaust, intercooler..

I am all stock except for the GMPP tune.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am in no rush, so could wait for the 2012 Maryland mod meet, if there is one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any recommendations for a Philly/Delaware/Jersey (south) area shop that has done installations on our Kappa's?

With the warranty and payments long gone... thinking now is the time to tinker. Just that I have no desire to do the tinkering.

Not exactly sure what I want to do yet.. Exhaust, intercooler..

I am all stock except for the GMPP tune.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am in no rush, so could wait for the 2012 Maryland mod meet, if there is one.
Where did u get your GMPP tune done? I just picked up an '08 Sky RedLine and the first Chevy dealer service department suggested other previously Saturn dealers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Where did u get your GMPP tune done? I just picked up an '08 Sky RedLine and the first Chevy dealer service department suggested other previously Saturn dealers.
The install is supposed to be pretty simple, so any GM dealer could do it. Sure, a former Saturn dealer might have techs more experienced. The Cobalt had the same engine & available tune (I think), so a Chevy dealer should be able to do it.

OR, save some bucks and do the hardware install yourself. Then limp it over to a local dealer to have them flash the code to the 'puter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Experience

The install is supposed to be pretty simple, so any GM dealer could do it. Sure, a former Saturn dealer might have techs more experienced. The Cobalt had the same engine & available tune (I think), so a Chevy dealer should be able to do it.

OR, save some bucks and do the hardware install yourself. Then limp it over to a local dealer to have them flash the code to the 'puter.
With the plug-in-play adapters now included in the standard GMPP tuning kit from crateeginedepot.com, this seems like a great option. Is there any potential damage by limping it over to the dealer? I wouldn't think so, but just thought I'd ask.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They built and drove the SCCA T2 solstice that won numerous times.
Thanks for this... after a year of house projects, upgrading my sky is back on my radar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts