Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, seven Solstices and three Skys participated in a joint run from Phoenix to Flagstaff and Sedona, and the day was filled with spectactular beauty and fun. I have fifteen photos that I can post, and then my camera ran out of battery, so I am hoping that others will help fill in some gaps.

In this set of five are two "sliver photos" showing the cars lined up, and then three more from our starting point at 9:00 AM this morning. At the starting point, we had nine cars. However, two split off early, and another joined us further up the road, so we really only had seven or eight on the road together at all times.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a half hour of driving, we found oursleves in a light rain, so we pulled over to put the tops up. Then, we stopped at McDonalds further up the road to tank up (and down) put our tops back down. Because of the sign across the street, we nick-named our cars the "Kokopelli Kappas." Finally, we found ourselves at Garcias for a lunch meeting in Flagstaff where we talked about our two fledgling clubs and how we might officially join forces.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Flagstaff, we were joined by a local green Solstice, and we headed down Oak Creek canyon to Sedona. These photos were taken on the windy road down the Canyon. After that, my battery died, so I am counting on others to provide some other photos from the trip.

Bottom line: it was a blast, a windy road on a cloudy and occassionally drizzly day, beautiful red rock formations, the smell of moist pine needles, and a fantastic break from the usual 100+ degree summer days in Phoenix.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Woweee Rich, awsome pictures. I would love to see others post too. Im already stoked about the next run. I love that Skys & Solstices can join together. Didnt we turn heads everytime we stopped to take pictures. I dont think any of us got out of there without the optimum questions: "What kind of cars are those?"

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
denette said:
We were the Parade thru Sedona...tourist were taking pictures... Great ride and lot's of fun...pics to follow.
Yes, driving through Sedona was fun, tons of tourists on the sidewalks, a beautiful city and stunning red rock formations at the horizons, but all eyes were on this group of cars parading through town. Of course, it helps when one of us revs his engine and shows off the cold air intake.

I did take a picture as we were entering Sedona. Here it is, although I wish we could have gotten some of the photos taken by the tourists, because their shots had us from the side with the town and the mountains in the background.

I am looking forward to seeing Bill's shots at the Bridge, and seeing what Rose was able to get from the chase car.

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
It would be nice to have pics of peoples faces AND names...Skip...just curious....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
http://www.putfile.com/azsolsticesky
Ok, here is a link to some awsome pictures taken by cheifmartin (thank you).
We just made it thur Oak Creek Canyon just a few hours before it was closed from a mud slide. Thanks to all those involved in this run, Solstices & Skys alike...:cheers:

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skip said:
It would be nice to have pics of peoples faces AND names...Skip...just curious....:lol: :lol:
I would be hesitant about posting a list of names and faces, because some people don't like their full names attached to photos on the web. I personally think it is OK, but I think many people would prefer that it be in registered user areas so that the search engines won't index it.

I will talk to the group that met in Flagstaff, and maybe I will publish a list of first names and/or usernames from the lunch meeting in a registered user area.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
I was thinking something along the line of what we did at Downers Grove....Skip....:lol:Unless someone is under the witness protection program. Just screen names are ok....

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Great pics!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
And as always, EVERYONE is invited. Even our east coast brothers & sisters...:cheers:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Skip said:
I was thinking something along the line of what we did at Downers Grove....Skip....:lol:Unless someone is under the witness protection program. Just screen names are ok....
I must have missed that. Where is it posted?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Pics of Downers Grove.....Skip..long thread....:lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Looks like you all had a GREAT TIME...... maybe sometime i can join....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Looks like you all had a GREAT TIME...... maybe sometime i can join....SkyBaby-07
Im counting you in already girlfriend.....:cheers: :thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts