Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm shopping yesterday, and I see it. You know when you have been wondering out in the heat for hours and you see a mirage. Well i must have walked over a mile and it was f'ing hot in the mall. There were people all around it.

You know, as much as I love seeing the car in places like this, it really makes me kinda jealous! I want us to be the only people with Skys. There was no price tag, just a sign in the window that read 'order your 2007 Saturn Sky at AV Saturn'. People were saying 'oh, you need to order one...'

I am sooo happy I did! Im guessing it's a 50-50 shot I will get the car. I wonder if they can move my order down on the list so I have a few more months.

It was fully loaded, chrome wheels, LSD, red/black leather. It looked like the windows were tinted because when I looked inside the car, it was hard for me to tell the color of the leather.

My dealer just sold their 3rd Sky so the silver one is #4.

So they must have just gotten this one in. I think i'm number 3 or 4 now.... UH OH!!! I really don't want my Sky until August or September.

·
Registered
314 Posts
skyguy85 said:
UH OH!!! I really don't want my Sky until August or September.
Poetic justice perhaps, but we've been waiting since 3/14 and still no VIN, no delivery in sight. Bet those who wish theirs would be delayed will get a 4-6 week response from order to getting their keys:banghead:! Yours are terrific pics - can't wait have our own to post. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I put a deposit down in April 06. Salesperson said I would maybe have a Sky in August. If yours comes in too early I'll take it and you can have mine in August. :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Gary, I put my deposit down a little before you and I was told that it was likely going to be November-December before I saw my Sky....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Interesting, I see Skyguy put his deposit down on 4/9 and is basically getting the same vehicle as me, and is expecting his in July.... :confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Time from Deposit to Delivery

:confused: :confused: These deposit dates and anticipated delivery dates are all across the board. I went to one dealer, put down order deposit and was told I was #5 in line for a 2007 spring delivery. Went to another dealer, put down deposit and am told to expect in mid-August 2006. What gives?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Golf Sky said:
:confused: :confused: These deposit dates and anticipated delivery dates are all across the board. I went to one dealer, put down order deposit and was told I was #5 in line for a 2007 spring delivery. Went to another dealer, put down deposit and am told to expect in mid-August 2006. What gives?

Yep...you hit the nail on the head with your comment "delivery dates are all across the board". Seems like those that have put down deposits recently are being told everything from August of this year...to spring of NEXT year. Not sure why there are such huge discrepancies. Just like how some people are getting TPW's and VIN's ahead of others that were imaged weeks before them. :confused: Doesn't make much sense...but I suppose there is a reason behind it all.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Golf Sky said:
What gives is that putting down a deposit means NOTHING -- what is your order number -- without an order number there is no order in for your car. I could tell you any date, and you would get no information - because you did not IMAGE. No order - no TPW no VIN. If you are # 5 in line with a dealer that has 6 (ordering 1 a month) allotments then you will be the second to the last ordered. If you are with a dealer who has an allotment of 40 then your #5 in line will occur much sooner (As they be ordering like 6 a month). So with no image you have no order.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That makes sense, Rick. Damn. :banghead: :brentil:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Right Rick. My dealer has my deposit and I have nothing but the salespersons word that I will be allowed to put in an order when my name comes up on their list. August or Sept was her guess. How good she is at guessing is yet to be seen. From what I read on this forum, I think she may be a bit optimistic.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
At my last check, I was #14 at the dealer on the list (up from #21 or so, I believe)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My sales rep said I do have an order. He said they ordered a bunch of skys and they just changed one of them to my specs. He didn't give me an order number, because he said they may have cancelled some of the orders on accident.

Oh well.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
skyguy85 said:
because he said they may have cancelled some of the orders on accident.

Oh well.
Yikes! :eek: That don't sound too good. I'd hate to be the person that has to break the news to those people. :leaving:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
A Sky in the mall? I hope no one drops a Cinabun on the frontend.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
GaryH said:
Right Rick. My dealer has my deposit and I have nothing but the salespersons word that I will be allowed to put in an order when my name comes up on their list. August or Sept was her guess. How good she is at guessing is yet to be seen. From what I read on this forum, I think she may be a bit optimistic.
If it makes you feel better (I WANT you to feel better) I was #9 out of 10 at my dealer. I was bumped to #4 due to automatic and chrome wheel shrtages. So instead of ORDERING in July/August - I should get my SKY around June 15....
Hang in there you never know.
The one thing you DO need to know is:
What is your dealer's allotment? If you are #14 in line with a dealer that has 10 cars -- then there is no gaurentee... Check -- make sure you are not just in line but in line to GET a SKY

·
Registered
18,466 Posts
Canadians r up at bat

Sorry to be giving u guys/gals the bad news....but May 11th, Canada gets theres! They have been patient and it is now there turn. Remember parts r made in both America and Canada (66%) The other parts come from parts unknown...that is what my sticker indicated...so the rest of us will have to wait until Canada gets their cars...sometimes we Americans have to swollow our pride...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Waiting is the name of the game

I have been waiting :willy: and waiting :banghead: for mine to get here. Even with a build date and then a shipping date, we still don't know for sure when it will be here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts