Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the foglight area is a little different...
i dunno if this is supposed to be the redline or not. doesn't look different enough. it does look cleaner though for some reason. they got rid of some chrome, now get rid of the rest too! man do i want this car.
http://www.fast-autos.net/news/44/
says this fall
by the way what's the current horse power? it says 260 for this.

·
Registered
820 Posts
260HP and 260lbft of torque. The torque is almost instant at 2500rpms. I was noticing also that it appears that headlight bezels are not chrome either. They appear to be black....I really like the chrome....not n the wheels. Watch them leave the chrome wheels.....even though it says polished wheels....:banghead:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder if those inlets just to the inside of the fog lights are brake ducts or intake ducts?
On another note, I put my deposit down to be the first on the local dealers list for a Redline! They did let me test drive a Sky they just got in and I was very impressed with the handling and fit/finish of the car. Now I have to decide between that and the GXP, which I have a deposit on as well.

Mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
themann42 said:
the foglight area is a little different...
i dunno if this is supposed to be the redline or not. doesn't look different enough.
It is the redline. Notice the headlights are different too.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm sure the people who get them won't care if it looks a lot different than the standard Sky. They'll be to busy drivin them.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I wonder if those inlets just to the inside of the fog lights are brake ducts or intake ducts?
If they follow the same design as the Solstice GXP then yes, those would be air cooling ducts for the frotn brakes.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Nemesis said:
260HP and 260lbft of torque. The torque is almost instant at 2500rpms.
Actually... if you look at the dyno graphs you'll see you also get 250 lbs-ft at oh... 1500 RPM. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I was first up in my area to get a standard sky, but switched my deposit over to the redline and now I am first up on the redline. I noticed that the headlight bezels appear darker, but it may just be a bad angle, the closer headlight looks to still have a chrome shine on it. Can someone post a comparo (side by side) pic of the base and redline. I really don't see the headlight difference. This has got to be the redline because if you look close, you can see a circular hole in the air ducts that goes to the front brakes (thanks brentil). Also the tire tread is identical to the eagles on the GXP. I still like the chrome strips on the FE of the base sky, but I am very curious about the rim design on the RL, I am hoping it will be a polished alloy version of the standard rim like the pre-production alloys they switched out for the painted alloys on the base. I wonder if they will include the rear spoiler as standard, I hope so. I can't wait until someone gets some serious pics of this thing. I think I may still purchase the eagles on the preproduction models to replace the standard eagles on the RL. I was hoping for a chin spoiler to beef up the front, looks like that didn't happen, and they took the chrome away. I think, if they wanted to go polished on the wheels, they should have just gone polished all around for the badges and handles. This would have been a simple change that would have set it apart from the base without changing the looks of the gorgeous FE. It will take me awhile to get over the chrome strips being gone.....(I know, let it go!):jester:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I don't know if this helps or not, but I saw the GXP at the D.C. auto show in January. They had it on the turn table display, so I could not get close. But, it did have dual exhust. If you can get any rear shots of the sky and it is dual exhust, it is a redline. :thumbs:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that dual outlet looks awesome. i'd wish they'd get rid of the line through the center of the tail light too. i think they did that to match the current sky's fog lamp area, but now that they took it out of the fog light area, they should take it out of the tail lights too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts