Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have had my sky for a whole weekend.....this car is every thing I dreamed it would be, I took it out today with the top down and had a blast it handles so well. I have had the most fun talking to people about it and watching the reactions the car gets.
I have only have two things that I have seen that I need adjusted and that is the trunk lid is alittle off on one side and the passenger side window is not sitting right....
But for all of you out there waiting it is so worth it!!!!!!!!!1
I picked the silver graphite with the black top and leather interior.....
Chrome wheels
monsoon sound system
This car is the bomb.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
420 Posts
correction...it's

THE BOMB

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats and enjoy the many miles of smiles!
:cheers:

·
Registered
420 Posts
hey did you say you were from Dallas too?

what dealer did you get yours from?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I am in Houston...I just go to Dallas alot my brother lives there.
I got my sky at the Saturn dealership on HWY 290.
And you are right about the car......:jester:

·
Registered
420 Posts
that's where I got mine too!
My salesman was Craig.

I travel between Houston & Dallas too.

Maybe we'll see each other on I-45 sometime! :lol:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Good Driving and you just made me VERY mental again. WHERE'S MY CAR!? I saw all those Skys on the lot, one of 'ems mine dangit!
--Better now thanks:banghead:

Imaged 23/06/06
KGKH3X
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
230 Posts
:thumbs: Congratulations on picking up your car! We need pictures!! Enjoy driving.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats! All these fellow Texas folks getting their Sky gives me hope that mine might get here sooner than predicted.
AggieSky and Kainman, how long from order to delivery for both of you?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
skycat said:
Congrats! All these fellow Texas folks getting their Sky gives me hope that mine might get here sooner than predicted.
AggieSky and Kainman, how long from order to delivery for both of you?
I put my deposit down in the first week of March in 06 and got the car on the 17th of August.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
kainman said:
I put my deposit down in the first week of March in 06 and got the car on the 17th of August.
Hi!!
Congrats on your new car, BTW, You got your car on my birthday LOL-Nice coincidence-(I received mine the 16th)-hehe--

The other reason I'm responding to you is because I just took my Sky in to the body shop after only 4 days after we got ours. Ours had a "flaw" in the rear behind the passenger seat right above the bumper. It looks like a dent that was created from the inside (if you can believe it) I have named that dent "mount Sky"--Looks like a mini-volcano--The other issue happened on my birthday when I put the top down, I kept hearing a "clunk" when ever I lifted the rear hood, as it stands it was the rear hood rubbing against the rear fender. That needed repair right away since it could chip the paint--Finally, and all of you might want to check this, My body man manager noticed that the "rag top pin protector is misaligned" that is a small rubber pad that is on the rear lid that protects the paint when you pop the lid from those metal spikes. If they are mis-alighned it could chip your paint.

Anyways, you should have those issues you have looked at ASAP. Once you discover problems you should have it taken care ASAP to prevent any further damage. I myself was going to wait for the next service, but with the "clunk" issue, noway, because I want/need to put top down, now I'm glad also I took it because of the rubber pad issue. Good Luck with your new toy--

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Have fun with many more weekends to come :cheers:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MidniteBlues said:
Hi!!
Congrats on your new car, BTW, You got your car on my birthday LOL-Nice coincidence-(I received mine the 16th)-hehe--

The other reason I'm responding to you is because I just took my Sky in to the body shop after only 4 days after we got ours. Ours had a "flaw" in the rear behind the passenger seat right above the bumper. It looks like a dent that was created from the inside (if you can believe it) I have named that dent "mount Sky"--Looks like a mini-volcano--The other issue happened on my birthday when I put the top down, I kept hearing a "clunk" when ever I lifted the rear hood, as it stands it was the rear hood rubbing against the rear fender. That needed repair right away since it could chip the paint--Finally, and all of you might want to check this, My body man manager noticed that the "rag top pin protector is misaligned" that is a small rubber pad that is on the rear lid that protects the paint when you pop the lid from those metal spikes. If they are mis-alighned it could chip your paint.

Anyways, you should have those issues you have looked at ASAP. Once you discover problems you should have it taken care ASAP to prevent any further damage. I myself was going to wait for the next service, but with the "clunk" issue, noway, because I want/need to put top down, now I'm glad also I took it because of the rubber pad issue. Good Luck with your new toy--

I will take it this week, thanks for the pointers
Happy Birthday by the way.
It is a wonderful car, I think my boyfriend is jealous.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finally figured out my avartar so it is a picture of the car form the backside at my parent's house.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts