Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my SKY on Friday evening (Silver, Black Premium, LSD, manual, 6CD, Chrome wheels). #1 in Allentown PA. It is fantastic. It is everything I expected and more. For all waiting for theirs, it is well worth the wait. My only complaint is the "clonking" noise shifting from 1 to 2 to 3 and vice versa. After reading in the manual this is normal, I just decided to turn up the stereo. Good luck to all with the futur and current SKY's. :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
bobfred44 said:
Picked up my SKY on Friday evening (Silver, Black Premium, LSD, manual, 6CD, Chrome wheels). #1 in Allentown PA. It is fantastic. It is everything I expected and more. For all waiting for theirs, it is well worth the wait. My only complaint is the "clonking" noise shifting from 1 to 2 to 3 and vice versa. After reading in the manual this is normal, I just decided to turn up the stereo. Good luck to all with the futur and current SKY's. :cheers:
Pictures of the new arrival?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
When will mine REALLY arrive?

:cheers: I am glad to hear that the car in person meets expectations. I just ordered mine today, site unseen, husband off Skiing (forgiveness rather than permission) and I was told to expect it by second week in May. This sounds unusual, based on the experiences so many discuss here. I chose this over a Boxter and Mercedes just because it is so dang neato looking in the pictures. What about getting the top up and down?

·
Registered
438 Posts
skywulf said:
:cheers: I am glad to hear that the car in person meets expectations. I just ordered mine today, site unseen, husband off Skiing (forgiveness rather than permission) and I was told to expect it by second week in May. This sounds unusual, based on the experiences so many discuss here. I chose this over a Boxter and Mercedes just because it is so dang neato looking in the pictures. What about getting the top up and down?
NO problem, becomes easier each time!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Soooo, do you think I should tell or just drive home with it?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I use to have a jeep wrangler (soft top) you want to talk about a chore. When I first got that truck it use to take me 20-30 minutes to get that top up and down. After a month with the jeep, I could do it in 5 minutes, so I know we will look back at the manual top as no big deal. It will become a typical reflex!

·
Registered
438 Posts
bobfred44 said:

same car! HOW SWEET IS IT?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

I have had my car since thursday 3/23/06, and I can put the top down in about 30 seconds, and up in about the same amount of time...
the hardest part is putting the top up is putting the buttresses back into the holes, my wife isn't strong enough to do it...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hmm. Then maybe I better get my husband happeee about this car as quickly as possible. Other wise, when I pick mine up, I could be perpetually top down. Or, I could start working out...I got six weeks?:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ishot3bucks said:
same car! HOW SWEET IS IT?

VERY SWEET. Beyond what I expected. Love the handling, feel of the car, looks, stereo.........EVERYTHING. I promise, you will enjoy yours.

·
Registered
438 Posts
bobfred44 said:
VERY SWEET. Beyond what I expected. Love the handling, feel of the car, looks, stereo.........EVERYTHING. I promise, you will enjoy yours.

THANKS!:thumbs:

·
Registered
15 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I have had my car since thursday 3/23/06, and I can put the top down in about 30 seconds, and up in about the same amount of time...
the hardest part is putting the top up is putting the buttresses back into the holes, my wife isn't strong enough to do it...
You should try fastening the buttresses to the boot deck before closing the latch on the front windscreen. I know it's backwards from the manual, but some of us think it gives the top a tighter look.
I think that's ridiculous, it looks the same either way. But it might be easier than fighting the stress of the material on two little buttresses.

·
Registered
304 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
I use to have a jeep wrangler (soft top) you want to talk about a chore.

Me too that was a pain....not to mention storing the windows. This top looks far easier.

·
Registered
438 Posts
belletire said:
Me too that was a pain....not to mention storing the windows. This top looks far easier.
Forgot about the windows!!

St. Clair Shores...hey I'm right up the road Clinton Twp.! See ya on the road!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
belletire said:

My tracker is a royal pain also...... that is why.... it is the kids toy now... SkyBaby-07

1 - 17 of 17 Posts