Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some pictures of our event. I have posted a link to all the pictures and attached a select few.
We had a great time. The clasic cars at the Jubilee were amazing. A lot of us took laps as the co-pilot with professional drivers in Porches. We hit speeds over 100 mph on the track. We also were allowed to take parade laps in our cars as a group. That track is fantastic. The famous cork screw was everything they claimed it would be. Our afternoon club drive was awesome. It started out through farm county, past vinyards and old barns. The middle section was 40 miles of tight twisties on a freshly paved narrow road. The last section was down Hwy 1 along the coast to Big Sur for dinner. Many enjoyed the drive meandering through the country side, taking in the beautiful scenery. A few of us pushed our cars to the limit, (and beyond). We had a little mishap along the way. Nobody got hurt, and that is the most important thing. One of the Sols did take some damage but was drivable after the incident. What is amazing to me is that the airbags did not deploy. If anyone else was driving they would have rolled the car for sure. Instinct would make most drivers still try to make the turn, even when the car is beyond the point of no return. Thank god this driver realized that, and ponted the tires where the car was insisting on going. There was a lot of lose gravel on the road because it was freshly paved. I think that, (and the line taken) caused him to hit the shoulder. Once he lost traction there was nothing he could do but what he did, brake and keep the tires straight. After the dust settled, the driver and his passenger had a relatively soft landing 10 feet below the road. I do not think they went airborn. He was able to slow enough to roll down the embankment, through a barbed wire fence, into a field. It so happens that the was a Red Angus Bull in the field. Luckily the car was not red. He was able th drive the car through the field to a gate, and get out. The whole situation was very scary. In the big picture, nobody was hurt. It is great to have fun, to see what you and the car are capable of. I think we will set some limitations on our future runs. Below Mach 1 is a reasonable request.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...1&showall=true

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
He is a link to the Solstice forum with many more pictures and stories from the WCKCC Monterey Laguna Seca event.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22181
Thanks, Sal! SLY SKY is here @ http://www.virgleo.com/gallery/album200?page=2

BTW yesterday we saw our first SKY other than our own or the ones at our dealership. The one Jack spotted was parked - from Vacaville dealership. Silver graphite, polished wheels, black interior. We did a drive by. Then this AM on my way to work a black on black SKY pulled up beside me. No plates nor dealer identification. And at lunch today Jack saw yet another on the road - a red with black top, also no plates. This is the very first indication we've had that SKYs are becoming more common place. :cheers:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hopefully some of those Skys will join the WCKCC. I really hope we get more Skys at our next event. You abd dechief are getting all the attention :)

The picture of my silver (Cool) car on the track shows Kevin's head above the windshield. I think he was facing backwards taking pictures.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts