Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below you will find a few pictures I took yesterday 7/20 on the Ride & Drive!!!

Enjoy!!!

Regards,

:thumbs: BA :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few more...

Can you believe that the wheels on the Berry Red AURA are actually HUBCAPS???

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Like the looks of the GreenLine VUE...have you seen the Outlook yet?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robotech said:
Maybe I just missed it but Charge Assist? Is that thing a Hybrid? Or is that the SUV's dash?
Yes, that the NEW VUE HYBRID!!! :lol:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
What is the Blue Roadster behind the SKY in the first thumbnail..?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Looks like a Miata to me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
THANKS "SKY Spy".

Your first photo is EXACTLY what (in MHO) :D so many road testers miss..:confused: ..when I look at the MX5 and the SKY, I say.....picture yourself at 6' 1" and 230 lbs (moi) and let me know which car "fits" better? For me its the SKY.

I hate the continual meanderings by auto writers on this and that about the SKY vs "others" and that one thing they forget is that for many many people (not that I would want one) you simply do not fit into an MX5 or for that matter the Z3. Too damn small.

The SKY "fits", plus of course its simply the best looking car on the market....:thumbs:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I personally am VERY VERY VERY Dissapointed in the Production Design of the AURA,.... :mad:

I LOVED The Concept!! It totally Rocked my Soxx off!!

I WILL have to see it in person to make my final Critique.
I mean it's nice,.... But not Jaw Droppin' like the Sky or the Aura Concept.
But this just looks like the New Dodge Stratus if it were to be redesigned slightly....

I saw a commercial for Lexus & called cause they had a reasonable lease offer.

Im Really interested in the Lexus IS250 it's a HOT HOT Sedan and is around $31,000
Also has the Lexus name!

---Was I Lied to that my Monthly Sky payment would be over $600/mo.??
Because the IS250 would be around $400/mo.... wierd...

I plan on having the Sky as well,.. But I need something I can bring more friends in to the beach when im not cruisin' in the Sky..

Maybe the Outlook,.. that concept is pretty bad @ss, but who knows about the Production model???:nono:

-E-

Sorry to talk about the car you guys might be getting,...
no mean to mess with you guys,... I just really loved the concept,... and am dissapointed. :banghead:

Especcially my Boy Ernest,... The Car Looks great,... But you know I was Spoiled with the Beautiful Concept...

-respect-

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Axel said:
So SKY Spy, no Red Line there? Did you drive the base Sky, S2000 & MX-5? What were your impressions?
Had to put me in the spot ha?!?!?! :D

1st of all NO REDLINES!!! :mad: :banghead: :brentil:

After driving all those vehicles back to back I can tell you that, overall, the SKY is the better choice... :thumbs:

I sold S2000 in the past, so I knew how they drove. It was nice to refresh my memory. The S2k is an AWESOME car but you must rev it up past 7K rpms to "feel" the power. A lot of folks out there are not comfortable revving an engine that high, even if it is OK. SKY & SKY RedLine BETTER CHOICE.

I had not driven a newer style Miata until yesterday. I can see why so many people LOVE this little roadster BUT, with the top UP I couldn't fit inside. There is a 4" difference in headroom between the Miata MX-5 and the SKY. If the headroom was there, for a tall person like me, it would be in the list of possible roadsters. I'm sorry to say that to me the new MX-5 Miata looks like a crossed-eye catfish. If it wasn't so ugly it would also be on the list of possible roadsters. As far as the drive, this is where the little Miata shined. Awesome responses, light on it's feet, very tossable and fun to drive. Looking at the Pro's and Con's I still say SKY & SKY RedLine is the BETTER CHOICE.

As far as the SKY is concerned, I was able to toss it around quite a bit and I really enjoyed all it's abilities. I just wish I could push the steering wheel further up so that my legs didn't rub against the wheel. That is my ONLY gripe.

A lot of people have complained that the SKY should had a POWER TOP but it was proven there that one can put the top down on the SKY a lot quicker than in the Power Topped S2000... :thumbs:

Any questions or comments?

Regards,

:willy: BA:willy:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
qwack said:
Like the looks of the GreenLine VUE...have you seen the Outlook yet?
Not in person but it seems to be a gorgeous vehicle!!! Can't wait to see it and sell it. I'm even considering buying one as the family vehicle!!! :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slade said:
Sorry to talk about the car you guys might be getting,...
no mean to mess with you guys,... I just really loved the concept,... and am disappointed. :banghead:

Especially my Boy Ernest,... The Car Looks great,... But you know I was Spoiled with the Beautiful Concept...

-respect-
There is really not that much difference between the concept and the production model. At least in my eyes. I have been doing this long enough to know how some things may make it to production and some will not due to cost or practicality.

Don't cross it of your list until you see and drive an AURA XR. AWESOME VEHICLE!!!

Regards,

:eek: BA :eek:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
How did the Aura's compare with what I think was a Camry in the background??? Also... was there an Accord there to compare it to or any other midsizes???

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm Jealous, we don't get the ride&drive in socal until late September!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree with those that were disappointed in the changes from the concept to production. I feel they dulled it down. I still think it's a nice car and waaayyyyy better than anything Saturn's has had in the past.

Until this new lineup of cars, (Sky, Aura and Outlook) there has never been a Saturn vehicle I would have even considered owning. I also like the PreVue concept.

·
Registered
87 Posts
:nono: Barf. Ugly designs. The Sky must be an anomaly. Oh wait the concept was done outside this country. HAHAHA. I'm sorry I just think all Saturn designs are yuck. Just my 2 cents. But its cool that you got to test drive new cars.:)

Greg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts