Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What I like:

1. Easy convenient calling from in my car via a bluetooth connection to my phone.
A. The sound quality is good both receiving and sending
B. It's easy to access - nice big dial buttons.
C. The car sound system kicks in if I'm calling from my phone

2. Always having GPS
A. With the GARMIN the power connections weren't reliable and there were cords to fuss with.

3. Custom equalizer
A. On my favorite Yes CDs I can crank up the base frequency and really hear Chris Squire.
B. I have a 60W sub wolfer and new tweeters and the sound is great.
C. I use the steering wheel controls for the stereo very often now.

4. Rear camera added
A. The rear camera helps me see things I can't see from the driver seat
b. And the visibility is good - I can see cars coming where I couldn't before

There is an option to get a side camera - that's $800 (pricey for me) but that would fix the Sky blind spot.

The GPS looks cool in San Francisco - where every building is identified and shows up. Cool.

The bad:

!. Only one CD can be in the unit at a time
2. Navigation between CD and GPS takes three presses
3. The CD player starts when I start the car
4. The sound is so good - especially at loud volumes - my ears hurt (I listen to music often)
5. On the console it's too low - much better visibility on the GARMIN
6. The GPS is NOT as good as GARMIN. You get pop-ups at every ramp. The pictures of the highway signs make it so you can't see the map. So I'm constantly touching the screen to make the popups go away.
7. The popup display isn't configurable - so lets say - you'd see 680 in a shield. Instead you get a little little 680 shield and "Sinclair Freeway". No one cares about the name of the freeway. Only the number.

I recall spending about 1.3K for the unit and installation and taxes was 1.8K. My case was complicated because I already had a amp and subwolfer upgrade with fancy wiring.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a limit to the number of images you can post without upgrading?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Aftermarket decks certainly can top the stock unit in terms of functionality. (They are also thief bait, mind you.)

·
Registered
481 Posts
@Emmett It appears you are getting the links from your Yahoo email: "apis.mail.yahoo.com". Since you are probably logged into your email, the photos appear for you. You'll need to either upload them to another site that hosts photos or upload them to this forum from your computer. Just use the "Insert image" icon below the box where you type a reply (or hit CTRL + P).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts