Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after calling about every saturn dealer in a 100 mile radius I found two that had 3 prelim orders, all the rest had 4 or 5. I picked the that was keeping a seperate list of RL and standards (hope that was the right move?). Got the usual response of not knowing when it will come in, but hopefully by may.

Did i make the right choice by picking the seperate list stuff? also he wasn't able to give me a specific prelim number, should i have one of these? anything else i should ask for from the dealer?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
Did i make the right choice by picking the seperate list stuff?
Relax. You did great.

There's lots of speculation about how orders are going to be picked up, and the production prioritization of base SKYs versus Red Lines, but it's just that - speculation. Nobody knows for sure at this point.

What's important is that you are now "on the list" and a member of the family. Read up, get excited, and keep in touch. But don't make yourself crazy with the details. You car will be here when it gets here, and when it does it will be even better than you could possibly imagine at this point.

Welcome!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
well after calling about every saturn dealer in a 100 mile radius I found two that had 3 prelim orders, all the rest had 4 or 5. I picked the that was keeping a seperate list of RL and standards (hope that was the right move?). Got the usual response of not knowing when it will come in, but hopefully by may.

Did i make the right choice by picking the seperate list stuff? also he wasn't able to give me a specific prelim number, should i have one of these? anything else i should ask for from the dealer?
I think a separate list is a good idea. There is discussion of RLs being an option -- but this allocation thing is got me confused as to how they process orders. I think a dealer who keep separate track -- even if it gets tossed into the same hopper later is gonna be a bit more attentive to your RL needs.

Best of luck in your quest!

·
Registered
234 Posts
better to be on the Redline only list.

When the dealership is allowed to pick up a redline order they will do so ahead of a standard order because each dealer can only get so many.. so you're better off on a seperate list.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jordan said:
better to be on the Redline only list.

When the dealership is allowed to pick up a redline order they will do so ahead of a standard order because each dealer can only get so many.. so you're better off on a seperate list.
:agree: :agree:

This is how it should be. But some people are saying some dealers won't order the Red Line if a base Sky is in front of them on the list. But I agree with Jordon, this is how it should work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts