Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just got off the phone with my salesperson at the local Saturn, and she tells me that although she is waiting on exact pricing, I can place my order Monday, and it should be here in about 3 weeks from that time. Now, she told me that "placing my order" means all the paperwork, ands the car is mine.

Actually I would prefer to get the car closer to the end of winter to avoid the salt and snow, but I'll deal with it. I will be enjoying it until late summer when I will ship the car off to Mallet for the V8 upgrade!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
wheres that ring of salt?? I know its here somewhere.

Thats cool that they're gonna let you do all the paperwork but be careful believing the 3 week delivery time. that doesn't seem realistic.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'd better clean out my garage! :bs: Saturn hasn't started production of the Sky other than test cars. I find it very hard to believe 3 weeks from Monday that anyone will have a Sky.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
hard to believe especially normal car orders take a minimum of 8 weeks from placement of order to delivery.... plus the dealers are all supposed to get their demo cars before and customer cars are delivered...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what was reported to me, but as you all say, I am skeptical as well.
At least I am one step closer having all the paperwork done! I don't mind if it takes 8 weeks or so. More bugs worked out and closer to the end of the winter.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Same here

My sales person called me today and told me they would have a image on Monday the 9th and to come in to do the paperwork. She also said I should have delivery in two-three weeks. I'll believe it when I see it. But hopefully the image will be there monday as she said.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I wish I could say that I've placed some sort of order :nonod:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Zr1Owner and Eye on Sky, what region are you from? How come other people that have put down deposits have not been contacted? :confused:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just got this email from my dealer ...

"The only news I have is they are going to still do the first run in January. They all will be 5-Speed Manuals and we won't be able to make any changes to them. They will come like Saturn builds them. They did say the automatic transmission is going to be available earlier than expected, so that's good news.

They have not given us an official time when they will hit, but it should be soon. As soon as I get more information, I will let you know, thanks!"
:)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Illinois Sky

I am in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, DuPage County to be exact. I would imagine that it would be the same all over the country. Unless they are starting in Major Metro areas, so I would say that California, New York, will be posting soon if that theory is correct.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you live in Philadelphia, then 3 weeks could happen..

Images hit next week... Production is scheduled to start 2-3 weeks after that if all the test cars are fine...

So a car built in 3-4 weeks from now will still have a 2-3 week delivery time from factory to dealer, depending on where you live...

Unless its Phili, but because a single store wont get a truckload of cars, it will take a while for them to fill a load even that close

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
If it happens in 2 or three weeks after ordering then you better call the national enquirer because you have a miracle on your hands.. I have never heard of any car going from ordering to delivery in 3 weeks... especially a new car that is just starting to be built.... Besides, the first run is supposed to be for the dealers demo cars. and that will be between 400 and 450 cars...
even on the solstice forum it is still taking 5 to 10 weeks from ordering to delivery.... this just does not sound realistic....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Straight from the dealer

I feel very confident in what my dealer has to say,very confident! He called this morning to inform me that pricing is out as I probably already knew. As of yet,Jan.4TH. no images have come available. He does expect to receive image's within a couple of weeks. I think he said his dealership will receive 12 Sky's over the next 12 month's. :thumbs:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SkyMan 07 said:
If it happens in 2 or three weeks after ordering then you better call the national enquirer because you have a miracle on your hands.. I have never heard of any car going from ordering to delivery in 3 weeks... especially a new car that is just starting to be built.... Besides, the first run is supposed to be for the dealers demo cars. and that will be between 400 and 450 cars...
even on the solstice forum it is still taking 5 to 10 weeks from ordering to delivery.... this just does not sound realistic....
Don't rain on my parade :). j/k

As I said I have a healthy skepticism on the date. But, seeing the car I want, plus having a contract done means alot.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Zr1Owner said:
Don't rain on my parade :). j/k

As I said I have a healthy skepticism on the date. But, seeing the car I want, plus having a contract done means alot.
I am not trying to rain on your parade, Heck I hope it is true.. I want to get mine as soon as possible, and not because I just want one that bad, I have other reasons....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts