Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
[Do dealers negotiate on price?]

Inquiring about purchasing 2007 sky?

My question is: Do the Dealerships neg.... on the price?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Planning on ordering a 2007 Sky......do the ealership neg......is there emplyee, or supplier discount??

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Sure don't think so

My mom retired from GM, so I get a "GM Family Discount." But not on a Sky. No incentives at all (since they don't need to.) I don't even think you get a discount on GMAC Financing...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I am eligable for a Supplier Discount -- but it is up to the dealer... Let's make a bet....:D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hummmm.....Just wondering do the dealership deal? I know the care is a hot item now, but I am not familiar with "Saturn" as a whole?

MRSVIPER

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
MRSVIPER said:
Inquiring about purchasing 2007 sky?

My question is: Do the Dealerships neg.... on the price?
Saturn has always been a no haggle price. What you see on the window is what you pay. However some have marked up the car and or added on things to jack the price -- so bets are pretty much off. Also, since the first 2007 allotment has pretty much been spoken for... no need to negotiate...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Saturn dealerships have a "no haggle" policy, which means you pay the MSRP on the sticker. They do not negotiate on new cars...the price you see, is the price you pay. However, there are some dealerships that have been adding premiums to the Sky, thus jacking up the price above MSRP. Whichever dealership you wind up purchasing your Sky from...get it in writing, that they will sell for MSRP with no dealer add-ons. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
[My planned order details]

The Sky I plan to order is the Black Onyx/Red Trim Interior.
I don't want the turbo engine.......If I want to go reallll fast I drive my Viper 550H.P. I will get the automatic , Slip Differential, Premium trim Pkg, also the Monsoon Audio System. Gotta have 18"Cast CHROME Wheels, air intake, suspension pkg, and I live just outside DETROIT, so yeah.....WHEEL LOCKS a must!
LOL
MRSVIPER

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Belltire doesn't hurt to ask.....
MRSVIPER

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
WHY DO I NEED THESE OPTIONS?:
LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
18" cast chrome wheel, aren't the chrome plated flangeless alloys same thing?
Performance suspension kit, what scares me it put on at the dealership??
aIR INTAKE $495.00 IS IT WORTH IT!!

Please if anyone knows, please tell me

MRSVIPER:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
517 Posts
MRSVIPER said:

if you own a viper, why would you even want a sky?:nono:

most people try to move up, not down........:thumbs:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I work for an airline and we usually get good discounts from GM; however, they are not available on the Sky. All other Saturns, yes, but the Sky, no. There is a $600 difference in price, though, between two dealerships here. The first one I talked to wanted to charge me $600 more for a "package" they require. I'm getting the same thing for $600 less at another dealer. So it does pay to shop around even though the price is supposed to be the same.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
MRSVIPER said:

I take it you are looking at the Dealer Accessories. The Chrome Wheels that they sell at the Dealer for $2000 are different then ones that come from the factory. It is really an either or, I am getting the ones from the factory since they are cheaper.

The Performance Suspension kit gives it better handling but a harder ride. Unless you plan on driving the car really hard like in races I am not sure it is worth it. I am not getting it personally.

The Cold Air intake adds a little bit more power and gives it a deeper growl on acceleration. I am getting this one, but it is matter of preference.

:) Please, pay no mind to the trolls.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I need a every day car! My Viper runs hot when I am standing in line at Taco Bell drive-thru..................

Mrsviper.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I can understand your mis trust. I probably shouldn't of mention I own a viper. Actually I own 2.
Roadster 1992, ven# 142....it has 4000 mile and we show the car. The 1996 Coupe is my husbands and he is a member of the Motor City Viper Club...check there website.
The sky, which by the way I ordered yesterday, and got my answers to my questions. But hey, thanks anyways .
MRSVIPER

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tHANKS, MUCH APPRECIATED
MRSVIPER58

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Lil GTO said:
The post you are referring to is by MrsViper not MrViper. and perhaps the car was a gift or part of a divorce settlement, etc. Since MrsViper did not say how she came to own the car we do not know if she had any part in choosing the options etc. Or even if MrsViper bought the car brand new off the dealer show room we do not know if she made her decision based on the loosk and color and total power or other criteria. She came here looking for information and answers and sounds to me like she wants to be a more informed consumer.

MrsViper, I hope you find these forums useful and have the answers to your questions. In some cases it is not really a question of do you "need" it so much as what does it do and do you "want" it. and for each option there are pros and cons and for some there are factory installed, dealer installed, as well as after market options available.
HOW TRUE !........I truly wish I could drive OUR Vipers everyday..but there are just too expensive to leave in a shopping mall, or at your local Burger king.
My husband and I travel to local car shows. With our car club...its fun..Actually once the Sky takes off!!(no pun intended)...A Car Club would be a good idea....
MRSVIPER:) [/B]

·
Registered
276 Posts
skyepilot said:
if you own a viper, why would you even want a sky?:nono:

most people try to move up, not down........:thumbs:
If you looked closely at the lack of quality construction on new Vipers, you might think differently. I consider the Sky moving "up" from a 2006 Viper I almost purchased !!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts