Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I didn't see this information announced, so I thought I'd share.

I just had a nice conversation with the GM of my Saturn Dealer. He told me that there will be 12000 Solstices produced this year. Also, starting soon, the Opel GT will be produced in the same factory. That was part of the reason for adding the 3rd shift.

MrJester

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Thank you very kindly for the info..... then,.. i hope they get to HOPPING... on production of OUR... cars.. AND MY BABY...... then they can make all the OPELS they want.,.... BUT.. WE WANT OURS NOW.... .. geez.. and i was thinking they started the other shift just so we would get ours sooner... UGH..:banghead: .. what is a girl to do? SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Thank you very kindly for the info..... then,.. i hope they get to HOPPING... on production of OUR... cars.. AND MY BABY...... then they can make all the OPELS they want.,.... BUT.. WE WANT OURS NOW.... .. geez.. and i was thinking they started the other shift just so we would get ours sooner... UGH..:banghead: .. what is a girl to do? SkyBaby-07
Big girls don't cry, they get a diet Pepsi. Skip....:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Ok..... got one.. or two.. in my fridge in my bedroom... now, i can sit here on my bed, and not have to get up and go downstairs to get diet pepsi and FAMILY SEE ME CRY.... over the agonizing wait for mybaby.... J/K.....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Ok..... got one.. or two.. in my fridge in my bedroom... now, i can sit here on my bed, and not have to get up and go downstairs to get diet pepsi and FAMILY SEE ME CRY.... over the agonizing wait for mybaby.... J/K.....SkyBaby-07
Yes maam. Skip...:cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
MrJester said:
Hey everyone,

I didn't see this information announced, so I thought I'd share.

I just had a nice conversation with the GM of my Saturn Dealer. He told me that there will be 12000 Solstices produced this year. Also, starting soon, the Opel GT will be produced in the same factory. That was part of the reason for adding the 3rd shift.

MrJester
I do not think your Saturn dealer knows what he is talking about, this is from Small Dealer on the Solstice site

Production: February 2006 was 2,255 the biggest month yet by a little, I think. Compares to 2,219 in Janaury; 1,858 in December; and 2,070 in November. Brings posted model year to date production to 13,856, which on the GM site includes every Solstice that has come out of Wilmington.
Plus the third shift was mainly added for the backlog of Solstice orders and the addition of the Sky...BEFORE it was announced the Opel was for sure going into production...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
You sure he didn't mean Sky. I thought there were 20,000 Solstice being produced. I've heard numbers lately that state 10,000-12,000 Sky and something like 3,000 Opel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts