Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
rwood411 said:
Um,no. Hopefully folks wont go around kicking the doors of my Sky thinking this is like the Saturns of old.
I'm a bit fearful of this as well. I once had 6 kids come up to me and ask what kind of car I had. When I said it's a Saturn, they asked if they could throw stuff at it and watch dents not form.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
reedred said:
I'm a bit fearful of this as well. I once had 6 kids come up to me and ask what kind of car I had. When I said it's a Saturn, they asked if they could throw stuff at it and watch dents not form.
Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are:lol: :D

ERNEST:jester:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
This topic has been talked about a number of times here. From the reading I have done, the Sky will come with all metal body panels. Saturn did this to achieve a close fit with the body panels. I was told that the "plastic" panels expand and contract to much and you have to leave a bigger gap between them than you do with the metal panels.

The Sky is a Kool car! I doubt we will hear to many stories of people kicking it. Standing around and looking at it for sure. You may have problems getting out of parking lots:lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
rick112 said:
This topic has been talked about a number of times here. From the reading I have done, the Sky will come with all metal body panels. Saturn did this to achieve a close fit with the body panels. I was told that the "plastic" panels expand and contract to much and you have to leave a bigger gap between them than you do with the metal panels.
I've heard from 2 different Saturn sources that they will be making NO more plastic-body-paneled cars in just a year or two due to manufacturing and cost concerns. The Spring Hill plant, according to the sources, was the only place capable of producing the panels, and since was it supposed to be partially closed, that whole feature of Saturn cars was phased out along with it.

I don't even think the Relay is plastic right now. I wish they weren't doing away with that feature, though. My wife parks our 03 LS in a very tight parking lot every day, and we have not a single ding on any of the doors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts