Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
With care, you can apply heat to the faded plastic items to remove the white scaring from scratches etc. I've done this on the fender liners and door panels. Search youtube.
I think the Wipe New product achieves the same using in the same way, except that it uses chemicals instead of heat. It melts the surface requiring a time to cure after the application.

I will be trying the product on a few Sky parts, primarily on the lower rear bumper and the lower windshield plastic shroud. My interior has abrasions here and there from previous owners. I was thinking of trying it first on the doors sills to see how it does. I will remove both door sills, apply the product on one, then compare them after 24 hours.

·
Registered
210 Posts
In regards to using heat to remove scratches on interior pieces..... an owner of a professional detail shop..... they mostly deal with high end exotics... attempted to use heat on my l/f molding.... the one that houses the microphone..... it turned out shiny. Luckily I was able to purchase a replacement on this forum. Be very careful. He felt bad, but had the best of intentions..... so instead of scratches...I’m using a term often used on the Mecum Auctions.... It’s Patina. 😎

21 - 22 of 22 Posts