Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven’t posted for quite a while. The plastic retainer for the roof flap on my wife’s sky has broken. The part number is 19120274. Everywhere I look it says it’s discontinued. Many years ago I thought someone posted an alternative part that could be used. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10 Posts
A couple years ago I was on my third replacement, so I drilled a small hole in the pin and installed a washer and cotter pin to retain it. Has worked fine since. Just an option.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Thanks I have been looking for one of these clips for 2 years.
If you go to the Help! isle at your local parts store you'll find a packet of Dorman door lock rod clips - at least one of which will work fine.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Yup that's the one I had to replace on my Sky. Passenger side just gave way one day.
I think I got the part # for this from here-the forum. Took the number to local AA store,
told the counter guy what it was for- he said I'll find them. Came back with a package
with several types of clips. He mentioned that this was for GM tailgates. I thought it
was for window/door functions. Anyway replaced the bad one, added a small wire tie
to the other end of it- works like a charm no problem since, wasn't expensive either and
they had them in stock. I just in the same store the other day- looking for 303 top cleaner
sold out at this time. I just happened to be in the aisle that had these same clips. A tiny
touch of grease to the working area of the flaps pivot points, mechanism, check the cable
for any ware & tear. IF one went bad, the other side is surely to go soon.

Got to check mine over some today. Prepping for a run to the oceanfront next Monday AM.
From clips & clamps, weather strips, gaskets, engine bay, suspension, a general clean & review
of every thing I can see. Another thing here- has there been any furry intruders to your car?
Chewing on something minor is one thing, chewing on something major is a whole different matter.

Most major auto parts stores should.. key word here "should" have these clip parts in stock.

LAC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts