Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting for my personalized plate for 6 weeks. My Sky is finally complete (for now):D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Different

Now that is one I did not think of, neat!
I found out today that Oklahoma did away with the personalized plates, used to be able to pick from several pastel colors and 7 letters or Alpha. The only personalized plate I can get is a patriot one with the American flag and the yellow ribbon (Support our troops). OK I can go with that I can support our troops but that kind of limits some of the funny type or goofy stuff on the plate. I started a list but I will take any suggestions?
Just remember this is on a red, white, blue American flag background with a yellow ribbon on the left that states, (Support our troops).

TulsaSky

·
Registered
420 Posts
Very nice choice! :thumbs:

Here in Texas we're only allowed 6 characters. :willy:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found out today that Oklahoma did away with the personalized plates, used to be able to pick from several pastel colors and 7 letters or Alpha. The only personalized plate I can get is a patriot one with the American flag and the yellow ribbon (Support our troops). OK I can go with that I can support our troops but that kind of limits some of the funny type or goofy stuff on the plate. I started a list but I will take any suggestions?
Just remember this is on a red, white, blue American flag background with a yellow ribbon on the left that states, (Support our troops).

TulsaSky
How about IM FREE:thumbs:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Now that's the perfect plate...good thinkin'

·
Registered
692 Posts
That's a great plate. I'm still dwelling on mine, it'll be on a long time and I plan on getting it right so when you see me 10 years from now you still remember me:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
tag your it

"IM FREE" Just hope they don't think that I am free. :rolleyes: :patriot:
How about "2B FREE"
I have "PUMPK1N" on the corvette, pulled into car show and older gentlemen gets out of his corvette and says, "Hello Pumpkin" funny we used to call our daughter Pumpkin when she was young. :jester:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TulsaSky

2b free is great!!!!!:thumbs:

In Wisconsin you can reserve the personalization (with a fee) prior to getting the plate made. They let me e-mail to ask if different choices were available.

That is such a great Idea that you may want to grab that name B4 someone else does!!!

Good Luck:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
:thumbs: Got our plate, don't have the Graphite RL yet.
Right now on the wifes Trans Am. Keeps everyone thinking what the 4ell does that mean. Helps when it's cloudy outside. :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:thumbs: Got our plate, don't have the Graphite RL yet.
Right now on the wifes Trans Am. Keeps everyone thinking what the 4ell does that mean. Helps when it's cloudy outside. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Lookin' Good

Where'd you get the plate holder? I love it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
"IM FREE" Just hope they don't think that I am free. :rolleyes: :patriot:
How about "2B FREE"
I have "PUMPK1N" on the corvette, pulled into car show and older gentlemen gets out of his corvette and says, "Hello Pumpkin" funny we used to call our daughter Pumpkin when she was young. :jester:
2b FREE sounds great. What I want to know is do you have a car to put it on?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Heck NO

:banghead:
Stopped by yesterday and got my free pumpkin from the Halloween promotion at the dealer. Talked to the GM he was in, Wednesday was his day off and he printed out the event codes. My car is still in OKC as of 10/23/2006 Monday bayed 4B00. The regional Rep is on vacation in the South Pacific so my GM cannot get a hold of him and request a Hot Ticket. Takes a corvette or flat bed transport to move the Sky from OKC to Tulsa, they must be all very busy. I just hope my baby is sitting in the old GM plant in OKC and not out on the open parking lot. Maybe the Sky Gods will feel sorry for me and grant the move today :rolleyes:

Maverick, did you get your Sky back already?

TulsaSky
:D

·
Registered
482 Posts
:banghead:
Stopped by yesterday and got my free pumpkin from the Halloween promotion at the dealer. Talked to the GM he was in, Wednesday was his day off and he printed out the event codes. My car is still in OKC as of 10/23/2006 Monday bayed 4B00. The regional Rep is on vacation in the South Pacific so my GM cannot get a hold of him and request a Hot Ticket. Takes a corvette or flat bed transport to move the Sky from OKC to Tulsa, they must be all very busy. I just hope my baby is sitting in the old GM plant in OKC and not out on the open parking lot. Maybe the Sky Gods will feel sorry for me and grant the move today :rolleyes:

Maverick, did you get your Sky back already?

TulsaSky
SKY is still at the dealers. They are tearing the engine down at this time. I think they will have it for awhile yet.

BTW the order form I was given at the tag agency had about 6 solid color choices of which we picked silver. If they did away with these plates that may be the reason we never received ours.

·
Registered
223 Posts

TulsaSky
Thats strange, when I went to the tag agency last week to see if the one I want is available, they mentioned nothing about that.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The good News

:cool:
While sitting in the GM's office yesterday one of the sales guys came in and asked, "Don't we have a sky somewhere to show, customers are wanting to see one". Our brave GM told him NO, this lady is being very patient waiting for hers. Guess they did not want to parade those customers to the back just to take a gander at you poor little silver Sky up on blocks. :willy:
I know that I did not see it when I looked out in the front shop area. :confused:

:jester:
TulsaSky

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Website for OK tags

Cobra,
Here is the website for the Oklahoma tag information. http://www.tax.ok.gov/sp1.html The local tag agency are clueless on the personalized tags because you have to send in the form they don't do anything at the local tag agency. Yes the can look up the tags on line but that is about all they do. On line is the forms and what is now available. :banghead: I had a little issue with my Impala Route 66 tag, I got the tag before I was married and when the renewal came it was in my previous name. They gave me a phone number to call at the Owasso tag agency, sorry can't help you. Called the number the state employee gave me this you have to send in a copy of you marriage license and bla :bs: . I send in the form off the website and a copies of my two registrations that showed the car was registered to Mr. & Mrs. We paid a nice fee to change names on car titles and they cannot grasp that the car with the route 66 tag is not registered to the "wrong name". They changed it, fixed now! :thumbs:

TulsaSky

Maverick that is what happened to your request, they don't bother to notify you if the tag has been taken or if the form you used was not valid. They will keep your money!

I would not trust the local tag agency, they do not handle the personalized tags, yes they will hand you a form, be it an invalid one, the tag agency's are independent business not state run.

·
Registered
223 Posts

TulsaSky
TulsaSky, I just called the tag agency in Claremore & they told me that Oklahoma DID NOT stop offering the personalized plates, you can still get them.

·
Registered
438 Posts
TulsaSky, I just called the tag agency in Claremore & they told me that Oklahoma DID NOT stop offering the personalized plates, you can still get them.
They make a TON of $$$$ off of those plates...they will never stop!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts