Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! I just found this forum tonight & I'm hoping to find some valuable information.

My Mom has ordered a Sky about 4 weeks ago from our local Saturn dealership. I have noticed how you all know pretty much where your car is in production and about the time you should be receiving it... she knows NOTHING about any of that. She called the dealer about 2 weeks ago because we noticed they got in a Sky just like the one she ordered but it was for another customer. So, she's been waiting patiently for the last 2 weeks with no word.

How do we find out this information? What does "imaged" mean? What other valuable information should she have at 4 weeks into the process?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think I'm about as anxious as she is to get her car, I can not wait to "borrow" it!! :D She would post on here herself but she's not too computer savvy so I thought I'd help her out!!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
First things first: By ordered do you mean she actually ordered from an image received by dealer? If so, she should have a ORDER ID #.
this consist of a 6 digit alpha-nummeric code. Mine was GEC528.

Once you are assigned a OrderID # it goes into the GM Vehicle Order Management System (VOMS),

Once into VOMS it goes through a series of events called EVENT Codes.

At this point you can either go to Ordering Your SKY fac, or if I am correct, you should be flooded by some of us "old timers" that will take up where I have left ioff. HOW ABOUT IT COUSINS, LETS SHOW WHAT WE GOT.

Who want's to pick up the ball? Let's show this new member some help!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ernest said:
First things first: By ordered do you mean she actually ordered from an image received by dealer? If so, she should have a ORDER ID #.
this consist of a 6 digit alpha-nummeric code. Mine was GEC528.
I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means! :confused: :banghead:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
When a dealer gets a SKY alotted to his dealership, it comes in ZMB67 that is the "image", or the code at Saturn for a SKY. From this the dealers submits how the customer wants it built. IE: Exterior color. interior color and options. When order is submitted and it is accepted by VOMS, it is assigned a ORDER ID #. this stay's with the order all the way through till car is delivered. At a certain point it will be assigned a VIN, vehicle identification number.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
clgutk12 said:
I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means! :confused: :banghead:
Your mom needs to go back to her dealer and talk with the GM (General Manager). First off...she needs to find out if her Sky was actually imaged (her order sent into the ordering system). I assume she left a deposit? Did she also pick out her color/options for the car? If the dealer had all that information, it is possible that they sent her image through and it was accepted and she wasn't notified. It happened that way for me...I actually had to call my dealer and speak with the GM (they are the ones who generally do all of the SKY ordering) to find out that my car was imaged...otherwise I would have never known. Some dealers call their customers to let them know when their car is imaged, some like in my case...do not. So that would be the very first step your mom should do. If her car was indeed imaged...then she needs to ask for her ORDER ID #...which is exactly what Ernest was referring to...a 6-digit alpha-numeric code usually starting with the letter "G". At that point, she can also ask what her status code is...which basically equates to where in the production process, her car is actually at. Depending on what she ordered...it may be waiting on an option that isn't currently available (chrome wheels & automatic trans) or it could quite possibly be built and waiting to be picked up for transportation. It would be difficult to say, without first knowing if her car was imaged...you need to find that out first. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you Linda for that great information.

She actually has left a deposit & picked out all the options/color that she wants her car. I will have her call the dealership tomorrow and find out if they have imaged her car. If they have, can she find out where in production her car is? Does she just keep calling the dealership and hounding them for these answers or what does she do?

She has ordered the chrome wheels... so maybe that's what it is waiting for. Who knows where the heck her car is in production or if it even is?!?!

I do know that the car that came in 2 weeks ago had chrome wheels... is this something new that they are unavailable?

Thank you everyone for your help. Sorry to be such a dimwit! :banghead: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
clgutk12 said:
That you Linda for that great information.

She actually has left a deposit & picked out all the options/color that she wants her car. I will have her call the dealership tomorrow and find out if they have imaged her car. If they have, can she find out where in production her car is? Does she just keep calling the dealership and hounding them for these answers or what does she do?
Yes, her dealer will be able to tell her what her status code is. This is a list of the codes:

020 - Order Accepted
025 - Selected for Approval
026 - Sent to POMS (Product Order Management System)
030 - Received at POMS (Accepted by the Assembly Plant)
033 - Sequenced and VIN # assigned
038 - Produced (Vehicle Built)
040 - Released to Carrier (Ready for pick-up by Transportation)
041 - Invoiced (Dealer recieves the actual invoice for the vehicle)
042 - Shipped (On truck or train to the intended store)
050 - Received by Dealer

clgutk12 said:
She has ordered the chrome wheels... so maybe that's what it is waiting for. Who knows where the heck her car is in production or if it even is?!?!
That's a strong possibility.

clgutk12 said:
I do know that the car that came in 2 weeks ago had chrome wheels... is this something new that they are unavailable?

Thank you everyone for your help. Sorry to be such a dimwit! :banghead: :rolleyes:
The restrictions on some of the options vary week by week. The chrome wheels has been an issue for quite some time now. At other times it's the automatic transmissions...and then also the red/black leather interior...so if any of those options are ordered, it's like a crapshoot as to when your car might arrive. Also the shipping time seems to be quite long for many folks...I think this has to do with the transportation company waiting to fill up the trucks and trains before departing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as you can see Ernest one one of the sharper fellows here, & nscrbug is also right on the money. My wifes order was at 030 as of March 3rd, we appear to be caught up in the chrome wheel shortage. Rumor has it the factory has recieved some wheels to get things moving again. If I were you I would spend some free time reading pasts posts and you will develope a vast amount of knowledge very quickly. Also if she ordered black & red interior & or an automatic her delay could be longer. Welcome to the wait!:cheers:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The KEY though is to get the Order ID# then when the Sales rep looks at teh report he can check for that car quickly -- The number is 3 letters - three numbers == XXX123
Once it gets to the point for a build -- it will get a VIN, until then it is only an Order #.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw in another thread that there is a 1-800 number that you can call to find out where your car is in production.

Does anyone know that number?!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
clgutk12 said:
I saw in another thread that there is a 1-800 number that you can call to find out where your car is in production.

Does anyone know that number?!
That number (1 800 553-6000) is out of business since Monday as far as getting information about the production status of your Sky. All they'll do now is offer to get your dealer on the phone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Mom called the dealership today and her salesman told her that the day that her car was imaged was the day she ordered her car, would this be true?

I think I might have learned more here than the salesman knows! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Your mom walked in and place the order on the same day that the dealer had an image available. That would be one heck of a coincidence, but possible.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
clgutk12 said:
My Mom called the dealership today and her salesman told her that the day that her car was imaged was the day she ordered her car, would this be true?

I think I might have learned more here than the salesman knows! :rolleyes:

Like the poster above me said...it's possible that she caught a lucky break and the dealer had an image available the day she walked in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think she was the 2nd one to put a deposit down, so maybe it was possible?!?! :willy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts