Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
We have a new addition to our Kappasphere team!!! :) His name is Brian Eyerman. He is our new Technical Associate. Brian is a genuine car enthusiast. He is living out his dream, working with cars, and loves every second of it. Brian has a passion for driving, no matter what the car, but he has a particular soft spot for his e34 M5.

You can reach him at (951) 296-6762 x208 or [email protected]

He will be on the forum along with me answering any technical questions you guys have. His screen name is SpecRaceM5

Thanks for the support.

Neil

http://www.kappasphere.com/company/about_us/

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Gotta type quick!

SpecRaceM5 said:
Hello everyone. Just wanted to say hi. I'll be taking any questions for the next 10 min or so. :D
DoestheclearbrahavetoberemovedwhenIwashthecar?

CanIinstallitmyself?

Anyotherhintsortips?

Tick tick tick!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Damn!

ELEVEN MINUTES! :banghead:

·
Registered
86 Posts
jdigiant said:
DoestheclearbrahavetoberemovedwhenIwashthecar?

CanIinstallitmyself?

Anyotherhintsortips?

Tick tick tick!
I can answer for them. The clear bra installs kind of like a decal, you use wetting agent to the paint and the film and apply, squeegying out the air bubbles excess moisture. It stays on permanently but is easily removed if needs replacement etc. You also can wax the film just like the paint, but dont use a clay bar on it.

Have similar film on my elise and highly recommend.

Neil? Is Lillie still with you guys?
Chris

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
WELCOME...... can i get PINK paint for my calipers????? and if i get the kappashield thingy...... is it easy to intall without drilling holes??? Thanks...SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Is this going to help get the SKY products into production faster? :D Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
476 Posts
jdigiant: as stated, the clear bra stays on the car until it needs replacing. You can install it yourself, and as for tips, just keep things wet and it wouldnt hurt to have an extra hand on some of the bigger pieces like the front bumper and hood kits. The clear bra is very forgiving as long as its kept wet.

bullseye: Lillie is unfortunately no longer with us.

Skybaby: http://www.sessions-power.com/product/brake.htm

There's some pink calipers for ya. :D And the sky shield is very easy to instal and no drilling is required. http://www.kappasphere.com/images/product/exterior/skyshield/install_sky.jpg

skyepilot: I've driven both the sky and the solstice and they both perform the same.

marklynn70: Arent we going fast enough? :thumbs: let me assure you we are working as fast as we can as much as we can to please our customers.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Thank you very much.... i think i will be ordering.. BOTH.... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
twirp said:
Skybaby, all you have to do is mix red and white together. I did my wifes calipers in 2 days.( RED though). You can buy the paint from Eastwood if you really want to it is an easy yet tedious task to make it look right.:thumbs:
Thank you..... cant wait to go get the stuff..SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
476 Posts
Ok. How's it goin Jordan? I just got my car back the other day actualy. The water pump went out last week which needless to say was no fun. :
:nonod: All better now though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Water pump... expensive replacement, as is the power steering pump! probably even a little worse on the M5.. I am doing great, luckily our tractors have a/c... been quite hot!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah. The shop I had it at seemed to think it was just like every other BMW they had seen for some reason. The owner should have known better seeing as he has 4 old M cars. First I was told the pump would be $50 or so like every other car they have done, and then I was told that getting the part would be no problem. Turns out the money times 5 theory was pretty accurate in this case, and the pump alone was around $250, and it ended up being 2 days out once they got around to ordering it. But all that is behind me know and the car is running great!

Your lucky to have A/c. Mine has a bum compressor and it gets quite hot here in temecula.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts