Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am back and I thank all the well wishers. I had a terrific time in Florida with my family. Lord knows I haven’t spent enough time with my family over the years so I have tried to make the best of it when ever the opportunity presents it’s self. We enjoyed several days’ sunshine and happiness catching up and just having fun. I didn't take Missy with me; she stayed at the dealer where they actually put her in the local mall on display. While I only recall wishing I had brought her with me a couple of times cruising the causeways. We got home yesterday morning about 0830 local. That is after 19 hours of driving, we came home unpacked and I crashed until 1:30 pm. I was up shaved, showered, and then real drama began when I went to the dealer to pick her up. Little Missy had suffered some blemishes in her paint. The driver side door and hood cowling made contact with one another chipping the paint too the metal. So apparently someone didn’t pay attention to our posts about closing the door before closing the cowling. The GM didn’t want to call me and ruin my vacation by telling me of the horror. He also didn’t want to take any action without talking to me first (didn’t want to hide anything from me). So after I saw it yesterday he sent it off to the auto body shop. I know something had to happen to her sooner or later but I just wasn’t ready for it yesterday. I swear I was sick to my stomach the rest of the afternoon. I did put on her new license plate before I left her there so she at least had that going for her. While in the auto body shop the tech went completely over her and fixed some minor scratches and blemishes in her finish. When I came in to pick her up today the GM had installed my mud flaps for me and cleaned her up. I dropped her top and was all set to hit the road and the trunk ajar light was on and alarm was sounding. I open and closed the rear clam shell several times and I realized it was not making contact with the switch in the latch closure. I grabbed my 10mm deep well socket loosened both nuts and pulled it straight up retightening the bolts. I ensured there was proper clearance and that the clam shell was in perfect alignment. I mention this because you can pull it to far up messing with your alignment. I also mention this because I believe I am the first to experience this and it really is an easy fix. I will post pictures soon of exactly what I adjusted. It was a great ride home, I even made a DQ run just to take her down the road again then I closed her up for the night and get caught up with all of you. With over three thousand miles of driving I saw plenty of Sols on the road between here and there but not a single SKY. The Saturn of Clearwater had a red one on display but it was apparently already sold just being held awhile I guess. I didn’t really inquire too much. So I have a lot of reading to do to get caught up on the past week and a half. Ernest thanks for checking in on me and keeping everyone posted on my alien abduction. Thanks again to everyone else for all the PMs and well wishing posts I have received. It is really great to have friends like all of you. :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts