Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sky Redline Carbon flash Edition
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! New member, got my Carbon Flash Special Edition Redline in 2016 Had a thermostat go bad once, but no real problems. I recently took car out of storage for oil change and tire check.road test, ect I found no cooling fan running at all with a/c or without , even as engine temp's begins to climb. I can't find the relay only what is being called a fuse , it's good. Tried to power on cooling fan with 12 volt test probe ,
No go. Engine error code is po480 , pending after clearing code po480. Any experience with this car and this symptoms? Thanks.

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
Hi everyone! New member, got my Carbon Flash Special Edition Redline in 2016 Had a thermostat go bad once, but no real problems. I recently took car out of storage for oil change and tire check.road test, ect I found no cooling fan running at all with a/c or without , even as engine temp's begins to climb. I can't find the relay only what is being called a fuse , it's good. Tried to power on cooling fan with 12 volt test probe ,
No go. Engine error code is po480 , pending after clearing code po480. Any experience with this car and this symptoms? Thanks.
The RL does not use a relay to control the fan, it has a variable-speed drive.

The drive module has been known to fail and there are threads here about replacing it. Here is a post that discusses it: Engine Cooling Fan aftermarket control module?

·
Registered
2008 Sky Redline Carbon flash Edition
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The RL does not use a relay to control the fan, it has a variable-speed drive.

The drive module has been known to fail and there are threads here about replacing it. Here is a post that discusses it: Engine Cooling Fan aftermarket control module?
It may sound stupid but I am having trouble finding the controller location, is it on the fan shroud?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm not sure the video ,entions it or not, but if you have a hard time finding this controller, it's the same as the one in the Ford Crown Victoria. Not sure what year crown vic but a search for "crown victoria" here and on Solsticeforum.com should get you the right info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts