Saturn Sky Forum banner

How Much Will/Did You Spend on Audio/Video upgrades for your Sky?

• I like to listen to the wind. It sounds great to me - I'll keep it stock!

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Under $500 - I just need a little boost when the top is down!

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • $500-1000 - I want to HEAR my system with the top down at 75MPH!

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • $1000-2000 - I want my neighbors to HEAR my system!

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • $2000-3000 - I want my neighbors to HEAR my system... From 3 blocks away!

• $3000-5000 - Seismic activity detected; Popcorn & Bon-Bons required for road trips!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • $5K is nothing! My car should be on the cover of the CES issues of PAS and Car Audio magazines!

• I just need more cow bell!

Votes: 5 10.2%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working closely with Boston Acoustics on several fronts, one of which is aftermarket system bolt-in upgrades ranging from component speakers, subs and amplifiers, to custom molded tweeter pods, door panels and Sub boxes. I am looking for some feedback to help us make some tough decisions moving forward to get Boston Acoustics to support the Sky market.

Thank you!

Jim

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Acoustics in a Drop Top .......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

is Boston Acoustics a suporting vendor.....

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'd like to see a system with a decent amount of punch. My experience from stock factory systems are that they are great quality, but just underpowered. I have an Infinity Stereo system from the factory in my '04 Tiburon, and although it sounds pretty nice compared to other factory systems, it's still only powered with around 350 watts, and a single 10'' subwoofer.

I'm not looking to extend the Sky's Monsoon system too high, i'm just looking for something with moderate punch. I'd like to see instead of a single 8'' woofer (stock) perhaps either single or dual 10'' subwoofers, with about 500-600 watts powering them. Nothing too excessive.

It'd be nice for them to be installed in the rear wall of the car behind the seats, rather than taking up room in the trunk, since it's very limited to begin with.

As far as head units go.....I'm not looking for an advanced touch screen, or dvd abilities.....but more of the mid level things, XM ready, MP3, ipod ability, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts