Saturn Sky Forum banner

Will Sky Red Line early availability affect your decision ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
15 Posts
it makes me rethink

I have been following this forum & posting occasionally...

I've been visiting the 2 local Saturn dealerships & asking & waiting.

So, bottom line I was 99% there. But I had to drive the car first because I was worried if the car had enough power for me to continue to get speeding tickets. lol.

I had called Hahn about their new Solstice Turbo being fitted for the Sky &
was thinking that was the solution.

Now I have real dilemma... I can get 235HP for another $4k from hahn, and get it now, vs. ordering a Redline now and waiting...

So, Yes it had a significant influence on my buying decision...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
mglindo said:
Nope, still getting the regular Sky.

In the future...who knows!:)
:agree: Ive waited to long now, if I wait till fall that means really no long trips till next Spring. HMMMMMMMMM I don't think SOOOOOO.:lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm doing both. I'm buying the regular Sky now and have the deposit down for the Redline when it arrives. I'm banking on the fact that I doubt the regular Sky will depreciate much during the interval.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I was always planning on getting a Redline SKY. There will be a minimum of a $3000 price increase due to the known additional standard options. If GM decides to make some of the SKY options standard the price could (and probably will) increase to $5000 over the SKY. Still I plan on getting one, because a normal SKY with all the options (including the suspension kit) will only be about $2000 less than a loaded Redline.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have been seeing pictures of the sky for a long time, saw the Vauxhall Lightning pics when they were first released, and right then I said if they brought a similar looking car here I would buy it... Well not that it is a close reality it may just happen. I sat in a Navy Blue SKY at the Central California auto show, and it was my brothers first time seeing one...

I am pretty sure we will be purchasing a Redline together for a little weekend car, want to get over 300 RWHP and have some fun :)

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I already have my SKY, but I am also getting the redline, so the wife & I can each have a SKY. I will get the first one of them at my dealer also. Also the first AURA, our "family" car. BTW I collect Saturns, sorta like Hot Wheels for adults!!!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
No, if I feel the need for the extra power I will put in a turbo after the warrenty expires.:thumbs: And if I feel a need for more speed until then, I will fire up my old Vette!:driving:

·
Registered
122 Posts
JayZ said:
I'm doing both. I'm buying the regular Sky now and have the deposit down for the Redline when it arrives. I'm banking on the fact that I doubt the regular Sky will depreciate much during the interval.
i hope you are ready to eat about 5-6 grand.....

well, you could always sell it privately, but by then, who knows.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Insurance

I guess that my answer really should have been, I'm happy with my SKY (which I didn't get yet). But I wanted to let you know WHY.

The SKY is a toy car for me. If I had to dish out $1,200.00 or more a year for insurance for the RedLine, I would NOT like to own the car. Drive, yes! But to own it and cost more for insurance because of the engine YEAR AFTER YEAR, AFTER YEAR, AFTER YEAR. That takes the fun out of it for ME.

If it was just the intial cost of say $3 or 4K, OK, I could do that. But the insurance issue just gets to me.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Too Early

Actually I was holding out for the Red Line anyway - may not be able to get one until November - but the earlier the pricing info and such is available the better I can plan.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I cancelled my deposit on a GXP and placed one on the Sky Red Line today!! So yes, I guess you could say the early availability of the Red Line affected my decision! :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I really like my Sky and while I feel it has adequate power, but I put a deposit on a Redline today. Until they make the Redline, I'll have all summer to play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know I want a Sky, I have decided to put it off until next year, but I think I will probably get a redline.

I decided right now there are other large purchases that I need to save for over a car. Purchases like paying my taxes (damn taxman), bought a hot tub for parent's anniversary and a Carribean crusie for my parents for Christmas. Though Christmas is a ways I am saving to pay for it now.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Why

I can't see why they are even thinging about a redline when they can't fill the orders for the reg, Sky.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
jacwag said:
I can't see why they are even thinging about a redline when they can't fill the orders for the reg, Sky.
Because they'll have the Solstice GXP at the same time going down the same plant lines. Why not offer the option while you have the ability to? Plus I haven't seen any official info, but I'm pretty sure Sky backorders aren't anywhere's near what Solstice ones were like, and the plant seems to be fairly up to speed on production unlike when Solstices started also.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts