Saturn Sky Forum banner

Would You Sell Your Sky To Get A Solstice?

• No. Never. Not in a million years.

Votes: 90 93.8%
  • No. Not right now. But might consider it in the future if the price was right.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Yes. I have considered it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. In a heartbeat.

Votes: 4 4.2%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't frequent this forum much, so please forgive me if there is already a thread on this topic.

We are currently running a poll on the Solstice forum with the exact opposite question. I'm curious to see what the same question in reverse yields over here. So please vote!

By the way, I have my ideas on what's going to happen here, and what the similarities and differences between the polls will be, but I'll post that later if the need arrises.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Bonzo said:
I don't frequent this forum much, so please forgive me if there is already a thread on this topic.

We are currently running a poll on the Solstice forum with the exact opposite question. I'm curious to see what the same question in reverse yields over here. So please vote!

By the way, I have my ideas on what's going to happen here, and what the similarities and differences between the polls will be, but I'll post that later if the need arrises.
HELLZ NO!!!
I would rather cut my heart out with a very dull and rusty butter knife.
If you get one yes on this forum I would be VERY suprised...and dissapointed

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I voted "NO. Never. Not in a million years."
This should not be taken as ding against the Solstice. It just means that I love my SKY and I think I'll keep it - for a long time!

Since I am a SKY owner I have already had this debate with myself - SKY or Solstice. If there was no SKY then I would be driving a Sol. It's a beautiful car but since I had a choice, I picked the car that had "IT" for me.

:D

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
If you are thinking about it then perhaps the Saturn police should come by and take your Sky from you. :lol: It's a long wait for many of us! There are people who really want one.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Hey look it cost me a pretty penny to buy my Sky. If I wanted a Solstice I would have bought one to begin with. BUT I bought a Sky so therefore I hate to say it BUT this thread has no merit except to inflame the passion of Solstice BASHERS and therefore was an inapproprate thread to begin with BUT who am I just little ol Skip....resident *******....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 3 Pontiacs in my family. A 2000 Grand Am GT for my wife, a 1987 Fiero GT as a daily driver for me, and my V8 1988 Fiero GT as my toy. I had a deposit on a Solstice, but on the Fiero forum that I am on, a picture was
sent in of a Sky. After inquiring more info, I went back to the Pontiac dealer and got my deposit back. Went to the Saturn dealer and placed my deposit on a R/L.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
not in a million years

if I wanted a solstice more I would have bought one in the first place...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
And in the manner of an anonymous ballot, the four people who would sell their SKY in a heartbeat to get a Solstice... are probably visitors from the Solstice Forum who can't stand to see a 100-0 vote.

As I have pointed out on other threads, if you wanted a Solstice when you were going to buy a SKY, they were available - and at lower premiumns and shorter wait times, too. So why would you pay more and wait longer for a car that you don't want and would "trade in a heartbeat" for a car that you could easily get sooner, and for less? What kind of nonsense is that?

Conversely, if you bought a Solstice in 2005, that was all you could get. You might have been in line for a Solstice before the first publicity photos of the SKY even came out. Certainly that was the case for some Solstice owners. Logic dictates that it must be.

So, some people are in line for a Solstice, and then the photos of the SKY come out. Some people will go, "Eh... Too edgy. Prefer the Solstice." And good for them.

Some people will go, "Ooooh! Gotta have THAT! Cancel my Solstice, I am getting in line for a SKY." And good for them, too. Lots of people were on the list for base SKYs when the Red Line was announced and made just such a shift to the other list.

And some people probably went, "Oooh. That' is really, really pretty. I wish I could have that, but I am already in line here, and I don't want to wait a year to get my Roadster..." I bet those are the people who might "trade in a heartbeat."

Finally, there are the people who ask, "Are there any differences between the two cars? They're both Kappas and they both have two seats. They're the SAME CAR. What is WRONG with you people?"

I don't get them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I voted NO - not in a million years. I just can't get over the front end of the Solstice.....and I love the overall look of the Sky.

·
Registered
325 Posts
My post from the Sol forum while we're cross posting:
I was going to buy a Solstice and then I saw a red Sky in person and put my deposit down for a Red Line. I love Corvettes and I saw a lot of the C6 in the Sky.
The Sol is a good looking car but I've always been a bit dissapointed in the differences between the concept car and the production car. The head lights drive me crazy on the Sol, way too much like an MR2 spyder. I love the projection head lights on the Sky, they make it look a bit "meaner".

The Sky's interior seems a bit nicer and the stupid passenger airbag light totally ruins the Sol's interior for me. Why did GM put that right in front and out in the open, you sit down and that's the first thing you see!
The Sol's grill is a hard to get over too and the GXP makes it even worse with more plastic honey comb.

But the Sky has it's problems too, the plastic chrome needs to all be replaced
with brushed aluminum, especially the hood and fender vents.

The base Sol and the Sky are almost on the same level for me but the GXP changes are almost a down grade compared to the regular Solstic, the Red Line's improvements look great on the Sky:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Now thats a thing of beauty :cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
After waiting this long (and still waiting, by the way), why would I change my mind and start the process all over again???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
richmcc said:
I think the poll results are obvious on both forums
Yep, I agree, and everyone who voted "Yes in a heartbeat" is from the opposite forum. The only difference should wind up being the few Solstice folks who were of the "just can't wait" variety. Because let's face it, if someone bought a Sky THEN switched to a Solstice, I think they've got issues. There is very little chance they didn't know the Solstice existed, and it would be dumb not to check out both before buying.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I would sell my sky to get a solstice. If I could keep my money from the sky and the solstice was free. No, on second thought I wouldnt do that either. Sol Sorry!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts