Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All...

I just want to start by saying I am waiting on my Sky and am waiting on verification that I am even registered for the Redline waitlist...

Yes...it's one of those posts...But...bear with me. I have been told for months that I was getting my Sky in June at the latest...then it was mid June...then end of June....and now...it's sometime in July. I do know that the order was pulled and should be in production now. Normally I wouldnt care so much about the delay, but as I am making vacation plans, and had hoped to enjoy the beachside drives with my beautiful wife...:cool:
I am now bordering on slightly agitated....

but...alas, it gets worse...

Since day one I asked about the REDLINE option and had requested that if there was one available I should be placed on the waitlist, they could call me ASAP, and I would deliver a downpayment. Never got a call....and everytime I asked they told me stories about how deposits werent being accepted, etc. I found out later that some people had had deposits on the Redline since January. Btw, not to bash, but this is the Saturn of York Rd dealership in MD. The one in Belair was much better when I bought my VUE.

Mind you, I have owned one Saturn and recently (Jan 2005) my wife and I purchased a new VUE from the dealer. I mention this, because repeat customers are USUALLY treated with a little respect.:mad:

That said, my next step was to call customer service...which I did....and here is where it gets absolutely ridiculous.

First, I was extremely unsatisfied with the responses and the condescending attitude displayed by the representative on the phone. 2nd, when I asked for a supervisor, she said there were no supervisors. After further questioning, she revealed that Saturn has a team environment and that all customer service representatives were "team members". I said, well most teams have a number of coaches (off coordinator, def coordinator, special teams coordinator...etc) and then above them a head coach...and above him a GM...and above him a President or Owner.

She must not have understood my analogy because she gave me the " If there is nothing else I can do for you...sir...thank you for calling Saturn"

So...being persistent, I called again...got a different rep...and I told her that I was a repeat customer...she asked for my VIN# and I told her I didnt have it now...she searched both my last name and my wife's and MY CARS were not even REGISTERED in the SATURN dealership database. I figure..hey...if Saturn doesnt know I bought one of their cars, then maybe I ought to just stop making payments....:D

Anyway...the long and short of it...I told my salesrep that I wanted to be informed and switched to a redline the moment they were available...Not a call...not a word...I visited Saturn 4 times over the last month and they never told me that they were taking orders already for the redline. TO THIS DAY, I still dont know when my Sky is coming and, I still dont know if they have me in the queue for the Redline version...:brentil:

And...just for the record....nobody in customer service has bothered to call me back, eventhough I made it clear to the last rep I spoke with that my case, (they assign a case #) is still unresolved to my satisfaction...:banghead:

Saturn....despite the fancy letter about caring about the customer and monitoring dealer performance (regarding markup), you still dont seem to get it...Customers want answers and responses to their questions...and on occasion wouldnt mind speaking to the next higher-up in the chain...

Screw the team concept....its total BS...and we all know it.

Thanks for reading my rant,
Unsatisfied Saturn owner and hopeful Sky recipient in Maryland

·
Registered
804 Posts
Man, it sounds like you might have slipped in that darn crack! I wonder if when you told them you wanted to be on the RL list, they took you off the Sky list?
Take a deep breath, and start again with the MGR to see if they can follow the steps taken since you ordered the Sky in the first place.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Wow! I've had similar experiences with Saturn "customer service". I had to be insistant on speaking with a manager. It would seem the managers have a day or so to call you back. Of course the managers are even less help. I was told that my order had just been taken in the day before. I flipped! They are really useless. My order had infact been taken months earlier and a number of Saturn reps had confirmed that. The manager didn't know her a** from a hole in the ground. It really reflects badly on Saturn.

We have a grocery store chain up here that says they are "fresh obcessed". I never buy their produce anymore because it's always old, over rip, or has mold on it.

Don't tell people you are doing something unless you really mean it. You may get away with it for a while but todays consumer is smart and they aren't nearly as brand loyal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It gets worse...

Still not getting a straight answer....the GM is trying to help...I think...though, I am not entirely positive that he is doing all that he can.

He has taken the time to speak with me over the phone...but...sales people often have that ability to lift their charm a notch...I truly dont believe that they have done ANYTHING to alleviate the trouble I am having...and, in fact, I dont think they are doing anything to compensate me for the time I am wasting. In short, they ought to be calling and checking the status of the orders....NOT ME....They ought to be on the phone finding out what the problem is....etc...etc

I work as a direct supplier to Boeing...and when they want status on the parts we are supposed to deliver them...guess what....I have to jump through hell and high water to get them ECDs..(earliest commit dates) from my vendors, add in the assembly time I need to spend, and promise a delivery date to them. If I can do it....why cant Saturn? And believe me...our output in terms of dollar value is not much smaller then what the SKY output in Delaware is.

As a customer, I should have the proper information handed to me by the business I trust. A basic principle of trade agreement. In order for me to make an informed decision, I need to factor in a few variables such as delivery date of my standard SKY vs my position on the Redline waitlist, estimated delivery etc. This way, I can choose which of the two I will end up keeping.

The point being...SATURN sucks right now in their reaction to the situation at hand)demand, confusion, greedy dealerships, etc) And no one is meeting the needs of the customer...they have ABSOLUTELY ZERO control over their brand image, ie, dealers selling above MSRP, bumping customers back for higher downpayments, forcing dealer installed accessories...etc...

Saturn customer service is a TOTAL JOKE...dont even bother calling the 1800 number...

·
Registered
342 Posts
My expectations for ALL automotive related customer service (dealer or manufacturer) have alwasy been lower than low... and only a few times have I been pleasantly surprised. The system has been broken for a long time, and sure wouldn't begin to pass muster (like you mentioned) in other industries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts