Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called both dealerships in Las Vegas today; asked when the Sky demo would be in, expecting a real time update.

Both said essentially the same thing; about September/November, and we've sold all the ones we're going to get, or words to that effect.

I told them better information than that was available on the web, and they didn't know what I was talking about.

When I told them I'd seen photos of the parking lot with Sky's in them at the plant, and that some people at the Sky forum were getting vin #'s assigned, the salesman didn't believe me!

I just ended both calls and sat there amazed.

I've bought Lexus( yes!) & Mercedes (ugh) the last two times, and I'm just about sold on trying the Sky after hearing all of you, but maybe I shouldn't buy american.

Are you guys sure Saturns are a good car?

Can anyone think of why they would not tell the sales reps whassup?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm sure you will find ignorant sales people all over the place. I would recommend asking to talk to the general manager who should be "in the know":confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
lasvagasphil
Love your town. All the rental lots done hosed the supply by now. You'll have to go a few miles out of town.
Been in your town once a year for the last six. If you come across a deal you can go with. Crank that bitch all the way up through the vally of fire. It's a damn good run. Hell it's even fun on a Harley.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Both the Solstice and the Sky are being built at the Boxwood plant in
Wilmington and that is all they are doing there.
Pontiac or Saturn seems to be irrevelant, these cars are special.
I've had my Solstice for 5 months and can say without hesitation
that these cars are awesome.
I expect no less from the Sky when it arrives in a few days.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have had my Saturn SC2 for the past 11 years now and she is still going strong. I have had hardly any problems it. I bought a Saturn because everyone I talked to loved their Saturns and said they are reliable cars. They were right.

·
First Reported SKY Owner!
408 Posts
My Sky will be my third Saturn, and I can attest to the fact that they are good, no, make that great, reliable cars. My 95 SL1 had 80K n it when I sold it to get my 01 SC2. It developed a crack in the engine block right before I sold it (part of a recall) and they replaced it, no questions asked. I have all my Saturns serviced at the dealer, as they are specifically trained to work on my babies.
My SC2 had 71k on it when I sold it to get my Sky. I am missing it dearly as I wait (still patiently:brentil: ) to get my Sky, which I now have confirmation from my dealer that it really exists!:willy:
The staff at Saturn also makes a difference. To borrow a popular slogan-It's not just a car, it's an experience!
I say, I say, I say Saturn!!!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
This is my first Saturn so I really don't know how they operate. I am impressed so far with the dealership and the relationship they build with you. I feel more than just a customer. A person at work approached me and inquired about my purchasing a Sky, which I probably talked her ear off about, to the chagrin of my boss. She was genuinely excited about it for she had bought Saturns since they started and sang their praises. Does make me feel I'm in for the long haul with Saturn, already looking at other vehicles.:cheers: Now where is my SKY :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Perhaps they were insinuating that they won't have a demo until September/November, because every SKY coming before then is already sold? We don't plan to keep a demo as long as there are people willing to order without one; If we chose to keep a demo it would mean a month longer wait for all of our customers who have had already placed a deposit.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
LasVegasPhil said:
Called both dealerships in Las Vegas today; asked when the Sky demo would be in, expecting a real time update.

Both said essentially the same thing; about September/November, and we've sold all the ones we're going to get, or words to that effect.

I told them better information than that was available on the web, and they didn't know what I was talking about.

When I told them I'd seen photos of the parking lot with Sky's in them at the plant, and that some people at the Sky forum were getting vin #'s assigned, the salesman didn't believe me!

I just ended both calls and sat there amazed.

I've bought Lexus( yes!) & Mercedes (ugh) the last two times, and I'm just about sold on trying the Sky after hearing all of you, but maybe I shouldn't buy american.

Are you guys sure Saturns are a good car?

Can anyone think of why they would not tell the sales reps whassup?
Well, not sure if you want to do this.. but. , i went to my dealership and... PLOPPED MYSELF DOWN AT THEIR COMPUTER AND TURNED ON THIS FORUM... WOW... DID THEY READ, AND READ,.. AND READ.. AND OH YEA.. get read too... cuz.. i am sure some of them needed that... JUST KIDDING...... they thought it was very interesting that WE ALL know way more than they do......... and it is GOOD INFORMATION.... do that if you have to..... SkyBaby-07

1 - 12 of 12 Posts