Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in awhile I hear what sounds like a single, muffled popping noise behind the drivers seat. It sounds something like a cork being removed from a bottle.

It happens when I'm driving or idling but, it's not consistent.

The last time I heard it, my passenger said it sounded like it emitted from the right side of the dashboard. I distinctly heard it behind the drivers seat.

This makes me wonder if it's coming from the radio speakers. The radio was off at the time but..............??

Anyone else?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Maybe it's the Sky trying to cheer you up by making cork popping sounds to celebrate the ride??:cheers:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Rarely you may pass through an area which has EMI electro magnetic interference, as well you may have a device which creates EMI. The interference is brief and will actvate an electric charge similar to static shock which can cause a speaker to "pop" without being on.
Check your spark plug wires for a good seat also, it may be simply one is allowing an occasional arc to the engine.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The eyeballs of people driving next to you?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
It could very well be the radio. There are multiple reports of radio/speaker "popping" in the Solstice forum. There is a software upload to the radio code that cures it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Exactly!!

ishot3bucks said:
The eyeballs of people driving next to you?
Too funny! This would be my guess!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts