Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Wolfsburg/Detroit Seal Deal on Kappa
Detroit Michigan – April 1, 2010 - General Motors and Volkswagon announced on Thursday, the transfer of all intellectual property, production, and designs for GM's Kappa architecture to Porsche Automobil Holding SE. The Kappa architecture, originally developed to support the now defunct Pontiac & Saturn branded Solstice & SKY, is an award winning roadster architecture with a solid sports pedigree. When asked the purpose of the transfer, Volkswagon Group CEO Martin Winterkorn stated it was part of an ongoing product strategy to increase Porsche's production numbers and expand the "bottom line". Porsche already has a concept under development that fits the Kappa, but is keeping it a closely held secret. Michael Macht, CEO of Porsche noted the objective was to offer a Porsche feel in a lightweight package without diluting the existing Porsche heritage, hinting at a new badging paradigm. GM CEO Ed Whitacre felt this was a win-win situation as it provides GM an extra cash infusion and unloading of idle tech, while providing Volkswagon a ready fit architecture to quickly bring new automotive products to market.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Thursday April 1, 2010 Bloomfield Hills/Berlin

Nine danke! Opel said they'd pay double the VW offer, but Federal Motors declined.
Stay tuned for more :jester: breaking news.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nice try: Thursday April 1, 2010

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree

Nice try: Thursday April 1, 2010
IS it too early to be bringing out the April Fools Jokes. :agree:

My doctor says a four hour :D-on is bad for my heart, but my girlfriend loves them too much, to give me any rest. :banghead:

:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
For the first time ever on this forum....someone went too far toying with people's emotions. Shame shame Bogie.....:mad::banghead::brentil:

:lol:

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Props for such a great cast! Looks like fishing is good today.

·
Registered
383 Posts
as the crowd shouts " DEATH TO BOGIE":nono:

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A smaller version of the Boxster has been rumored for quite some time now, although Porshce had been doing a great job deflecting the talk as just that: "rumors.".....So why would Porsche build such a car, which has the potential to dilute the iconic German sports-car brand? Simple: To boost volume. Germany's Autobild says VW Group chairman, Martin Winterkorn, wants to add some 50,000 vehicles per year to the Porsche mix by 2013, while Britain's Autocar quoted Winterkorn as saying Porsche is "...investigating opportunities for a smaller sports car and a smaller SUV"
Road & Track, May 2010, pg 38.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm...

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Road & Track, May 2010, pg 38.
LOL. I saw that. The Volkswagonification of Porsche. I can just imagine the Porsche people trying to explain how this would dilute the brand, and in this case I agree with them. More does not always equate to better. Next up: The Porsche Golf Carrera GT.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL. I saw that. The Volkswagonification of Porsche. I can just imagine the Porsche people trying to explain how this would dilute the brand, and in this case I agree with them. More does not always equate to better. Next up: The Porsche Golf Carrera GT.
I'm speculating, but what they will do is have the same car (or almost the same car) with two badging schemes. A VW and a Porsche. The main difference is the Porsche will cost $10K more. If you're going to dilute a brand, do so with a wide profit margin.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It looks like Porsche got some of the ideas for the new Boxster Spyder from the Kappa! Look at the top design, winglet design, dual hump design, and rear window shape! They all look very Kappa like to me! What do y'all think??

·
Registered
161 Posts
I saw one today at the Westshore Mall in Tampa today. Sticker price $71,985.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts