Saturn Skyline Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to R&T, looks like Porsche is looking at a Turbo 4 for their 2011 Boxster. Tuned to about 270HP.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Maybe it's because that it currently has no guts ( and no right to call itself a Porsche) It is underpowered and uncomfortable and waaaaay too much money for the car. This is the standard "call it a Rolls Royce and ask $500 for a windshield wiper".
POS, just my :jm2c:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Maybe it's because that it currently has no guts ( and no right to call itself a Porsche) It is underpowered and uncomfortable and waaaaay too much money for the car. This is the standard "call it a Rolls Royce and ask $500 for a windshield wiper".
POS, just my :jm2c:
While it is underpowered, the chassis is supposed to be superb. One of the best balanced chassis you can buy for the money. It's underpowered on purpose though, they don't want it competing upmarket with their pride and glory 911, which actually doesn't have nearly anywhere near as good of handling characteristics compared to the boxter/cayman platform. I think Porsche is still out to prove the RE/RWD can be competitive, when they would be much faster if they'd move on. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Oh waiwaiwaiWAIT!

Let me guess.....it will feature ALL-NEW body styling....just like every Porsche before :rolleyes:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wow, I know everyone thinks the Boxter is a fake Porsche, but considering it has the same 0-60 as our cars, handles better, is way more comfortable and refined, I think it makes it a great car and worth the extra money if you have it. Also the PDK transmission is amazing. I drove a Cayman S with PDK and it blew me away. The old Boxter didn't have a lot of power but it was extremely light and is a great track car when you add some more umph to it.

I love my Sky but the Porsches are great cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts