Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
YUCK!!!!! How to ruin a Beautiful Car. If I were given that for free it would be getting a paint job real fast......

·
Registered
277 Posts
LOL that is the color that alot of Solstice owners want...Hell we wanted yellow too! how bout a choice of top colors...NOPE!....Guess we'll settle for the first one out of the blocks! (And a lighter car!!!)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I guess this is a matter of taste. Alot of the pictures out of the show had wierd lighting that really made the color look pretty awful. Someone posted this picture, which I imagine is closer to how it looks in person. I personally like this color. :)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Saturn sky

·
Registered
162 Posts
It is nice. A more subtle subdued color, very classy. (much better than silver)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'll have to put myself in the "YUCK" crowd....

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sorry...'thumbs down' for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I personally don't think the Sky looks bad in any color. Not a fan of near periwinkle blue, but it doesn't look bad I guess. This color might be a big seller with women.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm confused

Is there anyone out there who can give a definite answer to the bluestone color confusion? Is the color of the bluestone RL, the same as the bluestone color of the regular Sky? The color of the RL I have been seeing, doesn't look anything like the color bluestone on the dealers color chart for the Sky. Is it possible that the RL we have been seeing is not really bluestone? Or is it possible that they both have a color called bluestone but with a different shade? I have ordered a bluestone Sky but if it is like the RL color, I will have to go with my second choice, Midnight Blue. Can someone out there PLEASE help?

JCZ

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here is the bluestone version answer...It is for both but not available in early production per the sky brochure

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Though I'm not a fan too much of the "new" bluestone -- I think the biggest problem is how different the color is from what we had been presented with in promotional images from Saturn.

I can not see how any change in lighting could produce the same color as was first displayed to us as "bluestone" and what we are now seeing from the autoshows. It deoes help relieve those of us who opted to skip on the bluestone (even if we wanted it) in order to get a Sky earlier.

Had this been the color all along I wouldn't throw up in my mouth as much.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
mynewsolstice said:
LOL that is the color that alot of Solstice owners want...Hell we wanted yellow too! how bout a choice of top colors...NOPE!....Guess we'll settle for the first one out of the blocks! (And a lighter car!!!)
I love the color. Wish it was available in the Solstice GXP.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Weird lighting

Want to talk about weird lighting - a number of years ago in Michigan a friend and I went to a large grocery super store (Meijer's kind like a Super-K-Mart). we parked a Red pickup truck in the huge parking lot about 1 hour or so before sunset - went in to do our shopping - took a couple hours - when we got back out to the lot - now after sunset - and went to where we left the Red truck - there was a gray truck instead - with the same license plates on it and my gargolye sunglasses inside it - we stepped back and EVERY single car in the entire lot appeared to be gray. The overhead lighting was some kind of sodium vapor lamps or something that has a distinctly yellow hue if you looked directly at the light - and obviously was not putting out anything near a full specturm of light - perhaps the weirdest lighting effect I have ever seen.

Still the problem that i hav ewith Bluestone, based on the pics that I have seen so far, is that the color seems to be very flat and somewhat dull even. Compared to the mirror finish of the Midnight Blue or the Forrest Green, the Bluestone looks drab. Some folks may like that, just as some folks would look at yellow and cringe away - while others just love it. And to be fair, there is an actual stone called Bluestone - that is not gernerally a very glossy type material - so if the goal was to capture the natural color of actual bluestone, then the pics look like they got it pretty close.

http://www.bourgetbros.com/flagstone/slabs_bluestone.htm

Still, odd that every other color is so vibrant and glossy and that one option is like playing that game of which one doesn't belong on Sesame Street.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would like to see the color first but it's the closest thing to what I have now on my GTO (Cyclone Grey) so it'll have to do. I can't deal with the "pull me over" colors (red, yellow), the "wash&wax daily" colors (black, midnight blue), the "everybody has" colors (silver and it's derivitive graphite) and I've never been a white or green car guy (show me a nice pearl white and maybe...) so Bluestone it is.

Now I have to figure out if I can live with a tan top. The odd lighting in the showroom makes it look slightly pink and it always appears slightly soiled but I really like the two-tone tan/black leather and I suppose the top is going to be stowed 90% of the time I'm driving anyway...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts